|Date Posted||March 7, 2021|
The Vice President of Digital Marketing will be responsible for leading and directing digital media for Company North America. Creates business plans, budgets, and manages a team of marketing professionals.
The role includes the development and execution of strategic media plans to achieve inquiry/enrollment/revenue/profitability targets. This includes planning, execution and ongoing optimization of all digital media activity. This role directs a significant portion of the overall marketing budget and includes management of KNA’s in-house digital media trading desk.
This role will be responsible for representing these functions both internally to executives and other stakeholders, as well as externally to clients, including in sales/prospecting meetings.
- Lead the development of digital media strategies and plans to meet and exceed business goals, recommending channel, flighting, budget allocations to maximize return on marketing investment
- Manage an in-house media planning team and digital media trading desk. Coordinate purchase of all digital media (excluding affiliates), ensuring accuracy of placements.
- Recommend new channels and test opportunities to further increase return on spend
- Develop and provide oversight for ongoing media testing calendar
- Conduct incrementality tests to ensure effectiveness and optimize spend levels
- Optimize plans on an ongoing basis, making recommendations for adjustments. Manage forecasting and projections
- Direct overall digital media budget (excluding affiliates); includes organic social media
- Lead, direct and mentor digital media team and trading desk team
- Represent digital marketing/media capabilities with prospective and current clients, internal stakeholders, demonstrating the expertise of team and approach to achieving client objectives
- Oversee performance analysis of integrated marketing campaigns
- Create/manage a media mix model to optimize marketing spend across channels
- Develop multivariate testing capabilities, including test structures, deployment and analysis
- Support maintenance of marketing analytics tools and marketing technology solutions with input from key stakeholders
- Partner with teams in the development and execution of data-driven marketing programs and campaigns
- Proactively analyze all marketing metrics and financial data to identify gaps and issues
- Lead the development of monthly reporting on all key digital marketing metrics (executive reporting) and leading indicators; meet with clients and internal stakeholders regularly to report results and make recommendations for strengthening performance
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing spend and provide recommendations for optimizing dollars across all categories
- Reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and serves as a member of Marketing leadership team
Qualifications and Experience
- The position requires strong media, technical, leadership, strategy and team management skills as he/she will play a key role in developing the strategic vision for this team and execution to drive strong results
- 15+ years in digital media leadership roles
- BA or BS with emphasis in statistics, computer science, business or related field
- Strategic thinker and problem solver who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get into the data and platforms
- Proven track record of delivering results that drove demonstrable business value
- Familiarity with key digital marketing tools and platforms including Google Analytics, DV 360, SA 360, Facebook Business Manager; strong knowledge and familiarity with Google tech stack
- Deep expertise in media, digital and website analytics and marketing technology
- Strong communications skills, presentation skills and ability to influence
- Strong client management and relationship skills