|Date Posted||March 5, 2021|
Company Chicago is looking for a B2B digital marketing expert to join our quickly growing Chicago Digital team. The VP, B2B Digital will be responsible for leading digital workstreams for key corporate clients including but not limited to paid social (especially LinkedIn), executive thought leadership and social strategy, data-driven corporate storytelling and B2B influencer engagement.
This role is for an entrepreneurial candidate who can help advance our B2B digital offering in Chicago and beyond. S/he should be excited by the opportunity to create a new and unique direction for this work at Company, helping to grow existing clients and new business in the process.
The VP, B2B Digital will lead digital work for some of the world’s most renowned brands. S/he should be an expert at developing strategies that leverage market, category and audience insights to uncover and point to a unique path forward for our clients. S/he should have deep experience with developing paid/owned digital content strategies across social and digital media, including running corporate social channels and/or executive social channels. The VP, B2B Digital will also be responsible for thought leader/B2B influencer engagement, including both paid and earned models.
In addition to strategy-building, as a VP, B2B Digital, you’ll be expected to drive execution from start to finish. This candidate should have a hands-on approach to mentoring junior teammates and driving the team collectively towards success. S/he should have deep experience managing a team.
In this role, the candidate would shape, structure and create a team with a diverse skillset. The VP, B2B Digital will report into the SVP, Digital (Chicago digital practice lead) and be a leader on the Chicago digital team.
This person must:
Be entrepreneurial: Love taking on new challenges; join an already-booming practice and partner with us to help grow it further
Be “good in a room”: i.e. be a strong presenter and good under pressure and tough Q&A
Be data-driven: Be both creative and analytical
Be a team player: Be willing to get in the weeds and help coach the team to success
Be collaborative: Be solution-oriented and always willing to lend a hand
Be engaged: Our team culture is incredibly important. We love what we do and who we do it with, and hope you would, too
- • At least 10 years of experience in B2B digital marketing
- • Minimum of bachelor’s degree in marketing or other related field
- • Deep experience with corporate content strategy development, whether for a brand’s corporate social channels or an executive’s channels
- • Deep experience with paid social media, including behavioral targeting (especially LinkedIn) and lead generation campaigns
- • Experience with engaging B2B influencers or thought-leaders in a paid and/or earned capacity
- • Strong problem-solving and natural leadership, with previous experience managing others
- • Highly experienced with client counsel and tough client Q&A conversations
- • Experience in numerous client presentations, with strong speaking skills
- • Strong project management skills with experience growing and leading a team
- • Strong understanding of performance metrics, optimization and ability to spot trends
- • Experience with SEM/SEO and programmatic display
- • Demonstrable experience in bid management and tracking solutions (Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, etc.)
- • Proficiency in SEO and content marketing platforms (BrightEdge, Moz Pro, SEMRush)
- • Proficiency in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio, and various ad platforms