|Location||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Date Posted||October 31, 2020|
The Digital Marketing Specialist will be responsible for managing paid search campaigns and paid online media (including paid social, video, display, and retargeting), optimization of those media activities and reporting out on performance. The Digital Marketing Specialist will consult with the Online Marketing Manager to align with digital marketing plan for their assigned audience, as well as implement tactics against those plans to achieve and surpass WGU’s lead generation and market engagement goals.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will have at least 2 years of hands-on digital marketing experience with a track record of achieving excellent results in highly competitive markets by leveraging their advanced digital marketing skillsets.
Favored candidates will possess a strong understanding of all areas considered digital marketing, primarily for lead generation across major search and social platforms.
The chosen candidate will be bright, creative, think through marketing problems thoughtfully, implement solutions methodically, and possess a highly analytical mindset where data is utilized to solve digital marketing problems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Paid search management- responsible for creating and managing PPC search campaigns for specific college audiences and degree programs. Paid social media management- responsible for creating and managing paid social media campaigns for specific college audiences and degree programs. Ad optimization - responsible for requesting, developing and testing ads. The ads include display and text ads, constantly seeking to find a more optimal ad for conversion. Conduct bid management analysis and adjustments based on data. Maintain budget tracking and invoicing. Developing strategies for cost effective growth and improving conversion. Assisting in report building, report development, data analysis and reviewing analytics for key opportunities. Responsible for placing display ads (where required) and optimizing placements via leveraging actionable data. Requesting creative as well as assisting in ideation of creative concepts and messaging along with the Digital Creative Director and Copy Writers. Implement and manage retargeting lists and strategies. Write effective digital advertisements across search and social media that engage audiences and drive conversion in-line with testing outcomes.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Strong knowledge and experience in all areas of digital marketing.
- A team player that is able to share both their own knowledge as well as what they learn from experimentation within the team environment.
- A self-starter that can get the job done without constant supervision.
- Must love numbers and analytics, Microsoft Excel and developing reports should be exciting to you.
- Must be able to write and proofread for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Extremely organized when dealing with a large number of ongoing projects.
- Excellent communicator; able to thoughtfully prepare and present reports to other team members, C level and other management.
- A bachelor's degree or relevant work experience is required
- 2+ years digital marketing experience.