|Published||May 9, 2016|
Performs the duties of a SAP/Prevention Liaison that is set forth by the Allegheny County office of Behavioral Health in both drug/alcohol and mental health. Provides prevention services to decrease the risk of mental health and substance abuse issues within school and community.
The normal work week is 37.5 hours. This requires flexible working hours as well as occasional evenings and weekend hours.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- SAP/Prevention Liaison will facilitate and co-facilitate groups within our schools as well as in the community as needed. These groups will be run through the use of evidence based curriculums that TCV currently utilizes.
- SAP Liaison Duties: Performs duties of core team consultation, prescreening interviews and parental follow-up within school districts assigned. Provides linkage and referrals to appropriate mental health, drug & alcohol, educational, or other community services. Provides ongoing feedback to SAP core team and appropriate school staff. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships. Provides services and follows guidelines according to the Letter of Agreements negotiated between TCV and school district representative.
- SAP/Prevention Liaison will work at our yearly prevention summer camp and take on a leadership role in working with the manager of SAP/Prevention to plan for the camp on a yearly basis.
- Responsible for entering data into PBPS and Qualifacts (and/or data from other projects). Also responsible for completing quarterly reports for the county as well as any other reports necessary for the SAP/Prevention position.
- Performs duties in a professional manner, in accordance with the Agency’s Mission, Vision, and Values
- Facilitate and participate in any after school programs within any of our designated school districts.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Other duties will be attendance at health fairs, working our prevention summer camp, and facilitating educational groups in the schools and in the community as needed.