|Date Posted||May 21, 2016|
Advantage Tech has a role for a Systems Analyst with a great company. This positions is 6 month contract with possible extensions.
This position will be the liaison between Product Managers, Business Analysts, and other technology teams with intent to execute software development, configuration and implementation projects. Responsibility includes technical ownership of the assigned Product(s) in all aspects of the business and across all phases of the Product lifecycle. The successful candidate will contribute to the achievement of our Client’s Information Management (OneIM) organizational aims of centralizing support, reduce costs and provide consistency and equity through the establishment and effective use of controls, processes and procedures that support Kiewit OneIM operations and mitigate risks to the business.
Position Location: Omaha, NE
Reports to: Supervisor, Manager, or Business Area Manager depending on the designated area within client.
- Solicits requirements by identifying a desired future state that addresses a business problem
- Articulates requirements to the lowest level of detail that will provide the biggest impact in advancing business objectives and project success
- Provide accurate effort estimates for business analyst tasks, assisting others where needed
- Assess solution options and prioritize competing business demands
- Manage relationships with business partners to drive satisfaction with IT
- Assists other less experienced Systems Analysts in training and work quality validations
- Consult on product lifecycle management
- Create Product process and integration maps
- Recognize and participate in the management of the Product(s) lifecycle from strategic planning through support and decommissioning
- Contribute to the recommendation and implementation of Product best practices and toolsets to increase quality results and service bandwidth
- Contributes to Business Case and ROI efforts
- Configure systems to support Business requirements, where applicable
- Define and execute quality product test plans and test scripts, utilizing HPQC for test and defect management; mainly responsible for Functional Unit Testing but also engages in test planning and execution of Technical Unit Testing, Integration Testing, and Regression Testing
- Work collaboratively with other Business and IT Product and Support Teams to ensure communications, transparently integrated processes and seamless support delivery
- Identify and address critical issues that could impact the fit and quality of solutions and escalate as needed
- Participate in product-related project plans, resources and deliverables to defined timelines and scope
- Assist in advising and guiding colleagues on any aspect of the Product, including training for other IT product or support teams, and business partners where appropriate
- Leads other in the practice of business analysis