|Published||April 21, 2016|
Revolution Technologies has an exciting opportunity for an SAP Business Analyst with a Fortune 100 company!
Position: SAP Business Analyst - 34169
Type: Contact/12+ months
Location: Moline, IL
• Partners with operational areas to translate high level business requirements into detailed business/process functional specifications in order to implement a technological solution for projects or processes of low to medium complexity. (Process map is an example of a functional specification).
• May also perform system configuration of low to medium complexity, system testing, end user training, and end user support for the processes after implementation.
• The complexity of work should be viewed relative to the highest degree of complexity of work across the enterprise; therefore; not all units or divisions will have work that is of highest complexity.
• Degree of application integration, data integration, process integration.
• Complexity of the application, hardware, and/or network environments.
• Impact of failure vs. success (inconvenience vs. loss of business/minor process improvement to breakthrough opportunity).
• Degree to which innovation is required vs. relatively linear expansion or enhancement of existing functionality.
• Complexity of data environment (use of existing data with little new data integration required to very complex data requirements and integration).
• Degree of investment required (dollars, resources, time).
• Extent of impact of project or process (departmental vs. unit vs. SBU vs. enterprise, for ex.)
• Extent to which project or process depends on tight integration (of data, processes, environments, etc.).
• Variety that needs to be accommodated (of channels supported, of types of businesses, of product lines, of geographic or legal variances, of stakeholder
• Number of business processes impacted (OFP, PDP,CAP/CSP, etc.).
• Researches, analyzes and documents business requirements for developing or enhancing systems of low to medium complexity.
• Facilitates understanding of both the business and Information Technology (IT) to ensure business decisions meet the business requirements as well as facilitate business decision meetings to keep projects moving forward.
• Serves as a liaison between the business, Information Technology (IT), and vendors (where appropriate), as technological solutions are identified to satisfy business requirements.
• Applies appropriate system development methodology to lead project teams toward definition and implementation of new process/solution.
• Maintains a strong and collaborative relationship with the business and IT and serves as a strong advocate of the new/enhanced process or solution through various methods of communication to the organization.
• Participates in unit and integration testing or works closely with the testing team to ensure understanding of business requirements in order to ensure process/system is thoroughly tested.
• Supports business in developing and delivering end user training.
• Addresses end user process questions for processes that have been implemented, provides process/system break/fix support, and implements process/system enhancements of low to medium complexity.
• Analysis of assigned data element configurations as they exist on SAP Landscapes, with the objective of identifying and recommending a consistent set of configuration values applicable across impacted landscapes.
• Prepare business process documents and/or techno-functional specifications that describe the recommended remediation approach.
• Identify risks-to and impact-of changes to data element configurations on the SAP environment at Company, as well as any known impact to current business processes.
• Preparation of a summary impact of data element configuration changes that may impact RICEF items.
• Regularly collaborate with Enterprise Master Data and SAP functional and basis teams as well as business process integrators in identifying the optimal harmonization value and approach for each data element.
• Provide review input to impact analysis created by others which includes assessing completeness and reasonableness.
• Proactively align own work with John Deere schedules and timelines.
• Create communications documents to inform Landscape Owners of change configuration needed and timelines.
• Update Solution Manager, SharePoint site or other selected documentation repositories as needed to retain the results of this work.
• Effectively communicate with IT, business representatives and business personnel.
• Maintain Rally Team Center User Stories to maintain and update work status.