|Date Posted||October 10, 2019|
The Digital Paid Media Manager drives strategy and leads marketing activities focused on paid media channels - with an emphasis on paid search - and activates audiences within the DMP to effectively and efficiently target existing and prospective customers.
You are a performance marketer at heart who enjoys making data-driven decisions and implementing growth strategies based on establishing efficiency at scale. An expert with digital media agency experience or client-side media management experience and/or leading direct-to-consumer marketing via performance media, you possess exceptional knowledge of paid search and social, market development and trends, and a deep understanding of how SEM interacts with Display Media, Paid Social, SEO, Affiliate, Feeds, Mobile and Social attribution.
In-depth knowledge of:
- Bid management tools, including ML and AI, and ad-serving technologies
- Research, competitive analysis, and standard search industry reporting and diagnostic tools (Adwords, Google Analytics, Search Console, SEMrush, etc).
- Traditional and e-commerce search platforms and partners such as Google AdWords, Yahoo Gemini, Bing Ads, YouTube, Amazon Advertising (AMS/Amazon Marketing Services)
- Acquisition marketing strategies/tactics including but not limited to: segmentation and testing, cross-channel campaign development and optimization, and forecasting and opportunity/gap analysis
- Organizational and project management skills (attention to detail, project management, handling multiple priorities, managing tight timelines)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills suitable for various levels of management
- How to influence and collaborate with peers, leaders and business partners
- Flawless QA standards across assigned campaigns
- Leverage internal data, paid media best practices, and business intelligence to develop and recommend segmentation and targeting strategies to drive conversions
- Manage 3rd party media agency/partners to ensure they are maximizing paid media performance to drive results and adhere to budgets, as well as complying with M&T Bank policies and procedures
- Ensure flawless execution of all paid media campaign setup, launches and analytical deliverables
- Work with the extended Digital Media, Digital Marketing, Brand, Product, Analytics, Compliance, Creative and Experience teams to achieve all business goals and ensure that all projects and deliverables are executed successfully
- Pursue new opportunities within and beyond our DMP and DSP capabilities to enhance audience targeting (such as search engine betas, landing page optimization, robust test roadmaps, etc.)
- Own the performance management and reporting by working closely with the 3rd party agency and internal analytics team to communicate the performance and incremental value of paid search and other digital channels from a last and multi-touch attribution POV
- Optimize budgets within and across marketing channels and prepare recommendations/communication of success measurement for management
- Act as subject matter expert by keeping up to date on emerging technologies, industry trends, targeting strategies, as well as a comprehensive understanding of competitor strategies within the space
- Continuously explore opportunities to improve processes and controls to ensure adherence to all relevant corporate and business practices and policies and to mitigate potential operational and reputational risks.
Education and Experience Required:
3 years of experience in managing marketing campaigns in a client or agency environment, OR, in lieu of a degree, A combined 7 years of education and work experience.
Advanced understanding of how users interact with digital media, as well as online and mobile user behavior. Familiarity with Site Catalyst, Google Analytics, Tableau, and/or other applications to effectively understand the results of digital efforts and make recommendations for strategy enhancements.
Digital agency experience
Financial Services marketing/advertising experience a plus
Demonstrated knowledge in attribution-based analysis and optimization
Strong thought leadership
Strong analytical skills, e.g. forecasting opportunity/gap analysis, marginal rate of return, Python, etc.