|Published||January 26, 2022|
Marketing Manager, UC Online
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati embarks upon its third century – building on the past and defining the future by leading urban, public universities into a new era of innovation and impact through its strategic direction, Next Lives Here. Underscoring the power of creativity, ingenuity, invention and inclusion, what’s Next will accelerate our unrivaled momentum, evidenced by eight straight years of record enrollment and rankings that include placement among America’s top 100 public universities by U.S. News & World Report. Home to a diverse student body of nearly 47,000 and more than 4,200 distinguished faculty, the university combines its Research 1 (Very High Research Activity) Carnegie Classification with a physical setting that The New York Times recently acclaimed as “the most ambitious campus design program in the country".
At the University of Cincinnati Online (UC Online), we deliver a world-class experience for students seeking online flexibility and University of Cincinnati quality. From inquiry to graduation, we push the boundaries of what is possible and drive innovation in online education at the University of Cincinnati. With a student-centric approach and data-driven decision-making model, we support students through the online lifecycle of program discovery, program participation, and degree attainment. Our students realize their hope for a better future through real-life learning at an institution with a legacy of research, innovation, and accomplishment.
- Utilize a diversified marketing mix that yields a quantifiable and significant return on marketing investments across the spectrum of channels to drive increased student enrollments and revenue.
- Implement brand strategy development, the creation of marketing collateral, project management, analysis, and vendor relationships.
- Assist with marketing strategy and tactics including, research, messaging and positioning, copy, campaigns, and media placement for all programs assigned under contract and new program launches as they occur.
- Recommend and monitor budget for marketing spend including cost-per-lead (CPL) and key performance indicators (KPIs) for each program.
- Develop all marketing creative and collateral with vendors as needed.
- Implement online marketing efforts including: the development, maintenance, and optimization of all website content; the incorporation of search engine optimization and digital marketing techniques, and the utilization of other social and emerging digital marketing channels to drive in-bound traffic.
- Use market research to adjust marketing plans in order to optimize student recruitment and retention and identify threats in the marketplace.
- Research marketing channels for specific audiences as support for assessing the ability to reach the target audience.
- Use customer relations management (CRM) systems to analyze database of prospective students and forecast future student conversions.
- Track and report on campaign response rates, CPL by source, and cost-per-start (CPS) by each source per program.
- Determine return-on-investment (ROI) on campaign expenditures.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Six (6) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
- Two (2) years of experience in product or service marketing, including strategy development, campaign planning including direct and/or digital marketing, research, messaging, paid social, SEO, PPC, and leveraging a CRM.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range of $70,000 - $75,000 for this role, depending on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
Interested candidates, please go to: https://bit.ly/3o8W5Dw
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.