|December 6, 2023
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
The digital marketing manager role oversees and directs all aspects of an artist's digital presence, including the creation and execution of digital marketing and promotional plans, managing creator campaign strategies, supervising advertising spends across multiple mediums, and more. Prime candidates have knowledge and experience working with all digital technologies and platforms, can effectively communicate with artists, artist management teams, label executives/digital partners, and are comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, team environment.
How you'll CREATE:
- Manage the development and execution of innovative digital marketing plans for artist releases
- Maintain strong relationships with artist management, artists and their teams to be viewed as a resource for best practices and implementing digital marketing strategies
- Develop relationships with new marketing avenues to create partnerships and opportunities
- Work cross-departmentally to coordinate online initiatives and digital marketing promotions for artists
- Manage label partner relationships with accounts to maximize artists reach
- Oversee and manage creators as well as creator strategies to increase artist reach
- Assist with the creation, build, and editing of online properties where applicable (Facebook and Instagram (Meta), X (formerly Twitter), YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, official website and other sites appropriate to artists and label)
- Think creatively about data capture initiatives via various sweepstakes and promotions
- Drive social media growth for all artists through increased engagement, activity, and relevant content posts
- Develop targeted strategies for artists' video channels with the streaming/sales teams
- Build and manage an artist's owned audience by increasing data capture across all mediums
- Conceive, budget, and effectively execute digital paid media campaigns with Artist Development teams and Media Planners/Buyers
- Work as a liaison with third party marketing companies when applicable
- Work with in-house & third-party content creators to conceptualize & complete short form content for social media, filters, lyric videos, portraits & live photos, 3D animations, video series, etc.
- Manage live-stream set-ups, recording, and executions with both in-house and external content and creative teams
- Actively participate in team meetings, brainstorms, discussions and planning activities
- Assist in analyzing online promotions and campaign sales impacts, consumer trends, etc.
- Manage artist budgets and invoicing
Bring your VIBE:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Docs
- Passion for social media and digital marketing in the music space
- Knowledge of photo and video editing tools such as Adobe Photoshop or Capcut
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks on a daily basis
- Extremely detail oriented and organized, and high degree of confidentiality
- Thrive professionally within a fast-paced, creative, deadline-driven environment
- Degree in relevant field, and/or equivalent career experience
- Music industry or artist relation experience
- Minimum 2 years prior marketing experience required
- Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
- 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
- Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
- A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
- Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
- 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
- 2-weeks paid Winter Break
- 10 Company Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
- Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
- Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Check out our full overview of benefits on the Perks Playlist page of the career site.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer in Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Utah.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish