|Published||November 1, 2023|
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE) is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven major and minor sports teams: 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, WNBA's 2019 Championship Washington Mystics, NBA G League's Capital City Go-Go, 2021 & 2020 NBA 2K League Champion Wizards District Gaming and Caps Gaming, an esports sub-brand of the Capitals. Additionally, it holds a significant investment in a seventh professional team, Team Liquid, an endemic esports team owned and operated by aXiomatic, in which MSE is an investor.
In September 2022, MSE acquired the regional sports network, then-called NBC Sports Washington and newly rebranded as Monumental Sports Network. Monumental Sports Network now holds the exclusive local television media rights to Capitals', Wizards', and Mystics' games. The network is both a linear channel and a digital operation. Prior to acquiring the linear platform, the digital platform was launched by MSE in 2016, as the first-of-its-kind regional sports network for digital, mobile, and streaming platforms. Those linear and digital platforms are now combined and join Caps Radio, Wizards Radio, MSE Outdoor and Monumental Productions for a full suite of six media enterprises.
In addition to Capital One Arena - a venue which hosts 3M+ visitors across over 250 events annually, MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex (training facility for the Capitals), MedStar Health Performance Center (training facility for the Wizards, Mystics, and Go-Go) and EagleBank Arena (a 12,000+ live event venue on George Mason University's campus).
In July 2020, MSE partnered with William Hill (subsequently acquired by Caesars Entertainment) to open the first ever in-arena sportsbook in North America, now called Caesars Sportsbook. The space now also boasts a destination culinary experience, Guy Fieri's DC Kitchen + Bar.
MSE opened "District E powered by Ticketmaster" in the spring of 2023, a flagship esports and entertainment venue. This 14,000-square-foot live-event theater offers a 365-day-a-year series of immersive experiences in esports, music, culinary excellence, event programming, and community events.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies, and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Manager, Digital Marketing is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and managing content marketing strategies for the social media accounts of the WNBA Washington Mystics.
Are you passionate about sports and building brand awareness through digital marketing? We'd love to hear from you!
- In partnership with Team leadership, design and implement a social media strategy to align with business goals (follower acquisition, content impressions, engagement, attributable revenue, etc.)
- Generate, edit, publish, and share engaging content daily (e.g. breaking news, original graphics, photos, videos).
- Publish content across all Mystics social channels; currently includes Facebook, X (formerly Twitter), Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Threads. Additional platforms may be added as needed. Content includes Brand, Team, Player, and Corporate Partner storytelling content, ticket and merchandise offers and promotions, in-game (home game) & away game coverage, corporate & community event coverage, sponsor activations and offers.
- Responsible for graphic development, copy development, 'quick clip' videos.
- Use Mystics social media publishing & reporting platforms including Sprout Social.
- Manage content review process & adhere to all publishing guidelines.
- Oversee social media accounts' design and tone of voice. Update for each season, as well as for key programs/holidays, in line with creative guidelines; communicate consistent brand voice across all social platforms.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner, and monitor fan communications.
- Establish positive relationships with social media influencers to develop a strong network.
- Monitor campaigns and produce weekly dashboards to track progress against goals.
- Collaborate with other Digital Marketing team members to ensure content integration and brand consistency along with other Monumental Teams and Corporate Communications on shared programs and platforms.
- Maintain knowledge on the latest social and digital trends to keep social channels engaging and meaningful.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience in digital content creation.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to edit short-form video.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Deep knowledge of social media marketing channels.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while producing quality, timely work.
- Passionate about all sports, especially women's basketball, from grassroots to professional levels.
- Great project management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, professionalism and a passion for Teams.
- Competitive nature and positive demeanor.
- Flexbility to work nights, weekends, and holidays; maintain a flexible work schedule and work extended hours as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Do you currently work for Monumental Sports & Entertainment?
- Do you have experience in digital content creation?
- Do you have experience using the Adobe Photoshop?