|Published||May 15, 2022|
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career. The Digital Marketing Lead will be responsible for supporting multiple initiatives within Discover Global Network organization by delivering best-in-class paid media support to internal and external clients across the payments space. We are looking for a marketer who revels in online campaign management, is comfortable with data and exhibits a curiosity in testing the latest targeting techniques. In addition, this position is Responsible for managing and supporting marketing programs as well as initiatives that increase acceptance, product adoption, and grow volume for the network.
- Lead day-to-day relationship with media agency of record as well as manage that agency on the development of integrated digital marketing campaigns that support DGN key messages and promote Discover as a thought leader within the payments space
- Work effectively with internal stakeholders and external vendors to troubleshoot and resolve campaign issues when they arise
- Support tag management best practices for DiscoverGlobalNetwork.com and DCM campaign management for other digital channels
- Leads & manages marketing platform & service vendors (DemandBase & Saleforce) to unlock full capabilities of the platform and service
- Develops, prioritizes, and implements roadmap(s) for digital platform enhancements, especially focused on cross-platform integration, real-time decisions, and processes efficiency to drive speed to market and increased relevance
- Track and measure campaign performance relative to channel metrics. Communicate performance updates on initiatives to business partners and senior leadership
- Analyze data to make strategic, data driven recommendations to impact campaign design, identify performance opportunities, and/or improve the user experience within social channels
- Work effectively with internal stakeholders and external vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues when they arise
- Proactively manages vendor opportunities, compliance, and regulatory requests, ensuring we are promoting a risk-aware culture; adhering to risk and compliance policies
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop effective and actionable audience personas leveraging 1st and 3rd party data
- Work with legal and compliance on vendor contracts
- Represent team as digital subject matter expert and day to day contact for internal business partners
- Responsible for cultivating strong, trusted partnerships across the organization
- Serve as the Digital Marketing representative on various special cross-functional internal projects as needed
- Assume other Marketing responsibilities as needed or as priorities change
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Partners with stakeholders to refine user and business requirements. Processes requirements into web channel strategy, features, and information architecture.
- Leads the web site governance process and tracks the health of site. Utilizes analytics and other data to optimize the site.
- Advises on the user experience and ensures consistent representation of brand across digital platforms.
- Identifies and resolves risks and vulnerabilities detected in the web environment.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts, Sciences, Business, Technology, Quantitative fields, Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Business, Marketing, Communications, Integrated Marketing, Web Design, Web Development, UX, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Business, Marketing, Communications, Integrated Marketing, Web Design, Web Development, UX, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 8+ years of experience in Business, Marketing, Management, Brand Communications, Project Management, Integrated Marketing, Advertising, Payments Services, or related fields
- 6+ years of Digital Marketing experience
- Demonstrated understanding of digital marketing principles and communications
- Ability to think strategically to define new opportunities, refine and enhance current strategies
- Strong project management with superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Collaborate and negotiate with business partners across the organization
- Strong attention to detail, and active listening skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Self-starter, entrepreneurial and able to work with limited direction
- Strong relationship building skills – builds credibility with all stakeholders as reliable, accurate, and resourceful conduit to ensure accurate and timely execution of information
- High detail and coordination skills required; able to accurately exchange/ track with high volumes of data and manage timely status updates with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Ability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and willingness to be flexible and shift priorities as needed
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.