IT SAP Logistics Specialist
|Published||April 30, 2016|
The Logistics Process Specialist is the trusted technology expert in the IT Projects & Business Processes department. This position is responsible for implementing and adapting solutions for processes related to the logistics inbound and in house processes. This person is also responsible for applying updates, upgrades and new module implementations. A customized SAP landscape will be the main system of implementation, with an additional responsibility in some VW group proprietary systems. The specialist acts as an expert, interacting with the process owners associated with the different departments & locations.
The specialist will act as a project manager and functional consultant. As part of a worldwide group, he/she might work with a globally dispersed cross-functional team to lead resources, prepare appropriate documentation based on the project size, delegate tasks to team members, effectively and clearly communicate project status, manage project risk and monitor the change readiness of the business as well as conduct post implementation audit reviews. He/she oversees all aspects of project information including timelines, budgets, resource allocation, scope and definition. He/she must have the ability to manage small to medium global cross-functional projects.
- Create and maintain Business Architecture documentation and functional specifications
- Assess and Manage Business Process / System Requirements and Business User satisfaction
- Work with the business area leaders to determine, for a given business process, the current level of performance satisfaction and risk with current process and systems. Create with the business area requirements plans for continuous improvement of the process and system.
- Identify Automated Solutions which support business process maturity or improvement
- For a given business process, assist the business to create business case documentation (with standard template) to evaluate scenarios to replace or adapt current processes or systems.
- Ensure that the system implementation projects follow the VWGoA ITPO Project Management standards including, insuring that all required documentation is current and accurate.
- Handles daily activities and communications with the customer they are responsible for
- Set direction and standards for IT process for logistics, production, quality, cost and customer satisfaction
- Responsible for accuracy of logistics/production related data and effective communication to meet cost targets and drive improvement effort from support groups
Promote Business Partnership
- Maintain a profound understanding of logistics processes, and their associated applications.
- Develop innovative IT projects to support logistics processes.
- Insure customer satisfaction by taking into consideration financial and legal restrictions
Support Project Delivery
- Support project scope definition.
- Create functional specifications (90% SAP)
- Coordinate any ABAP work with an appointed developer
- Create technical delivery plans.
- Identify technical constraints/risks
- Create test plans.
- Insure quality performance (on-time, within scope).
- Detailed knowledge of SAP QM, MM & WM
- Working knowledge in PP and SD preferred.
- Detailed knowledge EDI, IDOC Process
- Ability to write functional specifications
- Coordination of ABAP work with an appointed developer