|Location||Remote, Washington, D.C.|
|Date Posted||May 2, 2021|
Are you passionate about mining data to drive growth? Do you thrive in a team-oriented environment where you can use your love of testing, segmentation, and collaboration to make the world a better place?
GlobalGiving is looking for a Donor Growth Marketing Manager to join our team.
As a member of the Communications + Marketing team, you will be laser-focused on crafting a world-class, exceptional experience for hundreds of thousands of people who support charitable causes through GlobalGiving every year. You will mine data to yield insights about how we can make giving delightful, habitual, and rewarding. You will be responsible for analyzing and optimizing the end-to-end donor experience to inspire repeat giving and brand loyalty. You will work closely with our Product team to foster lifecycle marketing tactics and continuously improve the donor experience. Ultimately, your work will drive growth, helping the organization meet its goal to drive significantly more funding to community-led projects around the world for vital causes such as disaster recovery, access to education, and child protection.
You'll have the opportunity to work with a talented (and growing) team of Web engineers, data scientists, and storytellers to delight donors and build GlobalGiving’s reputation as the go-to destination for safe and easy giving to thousands of causes in 170+ countries.
The successful candidate will be passionate about the opportunity to apply their marketing skills to craft user journeys that encourage giving not as a single act, but as a lifestyle.
We have a casual work atmosphere where everyone’s input and ideas are valued. We’re committed to work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care in how we attract, hire, and support our employees for a successful career. If you care about collaboration, curiosity, communication excellence, and continuous improvement, this position is right for you.
Collaborate with leaders across the organization to develop GlobalGiving’s strategy and priorities and ensure successful execution of the strategy, initiatives and plans. Improve knowledge-sharing and decision-making, and proactively identify obstacles and contribute to their successful resolution. Lead special projects, including the design and execution of a new assurance function and processes.
- Donor Segmentation and Communications: Discover and define existing and new market segments to cultivate and grow GlobalGiving donors through product positioning, content creation, and automated communications
- Create Compelling Products: Own and develop the growth strategy for GlobalGiving’s donor-focused products, including but not limited to GlobalGiving Gift Cards, Project of the Month Club, and Monthly Donor Drives
- Donor Retention: Improve GlobalGiving’s donor retention rate and build a robust network of monthly givers
- Data Analysis: Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to identify and create meaningful growth segments and marketing plans. Help track and measure success in enhancing the donor experience.
- User Testing: Design and execute tests and experiments to optimize the donor experience
- Strategic Planning: Lead the ideation and execution of product enhancements that drive growth, closely partnering with our Chief Product Officer, Senior Digital Marketing Manager, Content Specialist, and others to turn big ideas into thoughtful implementations
- Lifecycle Marketing: Advance our lifecycle marketing strategy and map existing and ideal donor journeys
For our team to be a great fit for you, the following qualifications should resonate with you:
- At least four years of experience in a growth-oriented position
- A track-record of success using Google Analytics, Metabase, or similar data tracking and analysis tools to discover trends and inform audience segmentation, A/B testing, and revenue generation
- Understanding of donor acquisition channels, including SEM, SEO, PR, and content marketing funnels
- Outstanding organizational, project management, people and communication skills, including the ability to communicate ideas effectively, to listen to others' ideas, and to collaborate to arrive at great solutions
- A passionate belief in the mission of GlobalGiving and a commitment to our core values.
In addition, the ideal candidate would also have some or all of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in business, marketing, or comparable field
- Good copywriting skills
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce and email service providers such as MailChimp and/or SendGrid
- Experience using A/B testing tools, such as Optimizely
- A continuous learning orientation (as demonstrated through professional development experiences)
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
Salary + Benefits
Salary range: $60k to $80k.
Benefits include flexible work hours, remote work options, 5 weeks of paid time off per year, professional development opportunities, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, my work helped more than 700 kids get their essential health and educational needs met.” (One of many true stories.) And of course, we’ve also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, paid family leave, paid sabbaticals, commuter benefits, and 401K.
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Director of Communications + Marketing and will be filled remotely for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. Once in-office operations can safely resume, this role can either be based in GlobalGiving’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. or continue to operate remotely. If you intend to apply as a remote-worker, be prepared to speak about your experience with remote employment in the recruitment process.
Interested in Applying?
Applicants must reside in the United States. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have legal authorization to work in the United States for the duration of the position. GlobalGiving does not sponsor employment visas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please visit our jobs page to apply for this role or to learn about other opportunities at GlobalGiving.