|Date Posted||July 16, 2020|
Barnes Industrial is seeking a motivated and driven individual to join its team as the Director, Strategic & Digital Marketing. Reporting to the President, Barnes Industrial, this role will be a core member of the segment leadership team, and act as a strong business partner to the SBU Leaders and their sales and product development teams. He or she will effectively develop and implement a standardized strategic and digital framework to support and accelerate growth across the business. Specifically, they will help drive Commercial excellence by developing “go-to-market” strategies through Salesforce effectiveness, lead generation, VOC, product management, product marketing and digital communications. As the Director, Strategic & Digital Marketing, he/she will build and implement programs to nurture and activate B2B leads – developing the right digital experiences for each stage of the funnel to create high intent leads and opportunities for sales. If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a highly engineered and diversified technology-based environment, please submit your name and credentials for further consideration.
- Provides functional leadership and works collaboratively with the strategic business unit (SBU) sales and marketing teams to formalize and execute “go to market” strategic activities, sales force management, product management, new product commercialization and digital marketing/communications.
- Providing guidance to the SBUs on strategic marketing activities, will develop the “go-to-market” product value proposition and messaging strategy and approach related to the content, packaging, promotion, and selling of our products and services, globally.
- Coordinates and executes multiple product marketing plans, including marketing research, channel strategy, and market segmentation. Sizes market opportunities, and monitors market perception and penetration across the SBU product lines.
- Partners with SBU and sales leaders to develop marketing plans for each customer sector to achieve targets around brand perception, customer acquisition and customer retention.
- Determine and implement optimal marketing mix across channels. Deliver deep insights on marketing performance/KPIs and ROI across the business.
- Work with sales and marketing leaders to train and support sales and customer support teams on new tools and processes to drive lead generation and organic growth opportunities.
- Serve as the central lead for our products and services through thought leadership, blogging, social media, speaking engagements, etc.
- Work with product development teams to drive/support new product creation, and the addition of features and functionality to existing products, based on customer wants, needs and market research. Keep business leaders up to date with market trends and competition.
- Leverage our Barnes Enterprise System (BES) to drive standardization and creation of tools around growth that drive Commercial excellence and effectiveness.
- A proven track record of performance and career advancement with 10+ years of strategic marketing, product marketing and digital communications. Prior experience working in a global diversified industrial company required.
- Strong project and program management skills and experience applying proven product marketing frameworks.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to develop strategies, customer segmentation and market insights to support both distribution-based and direct selling models to drive differentiated value and success through each as a part of a product portfolio.
- A change agent, comfortable in a dynamic organization experiencing growth and strategic evolution. Superior knowledge in the development and roll-out of standardized marketing tools to support growth.
- Global competencies in leadership, communication, emotional intelligence, cultural awareness and organizational astuteness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization. Outstanding presentation skills. Ability to influence and persuade to get things done effectively and efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing or Communications is preferred. An MBA in Sales, Marketing, or related discipline is highly desirable.
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com, click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support Barnes Group Inc. business objectives.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)