|Date Posted||January 12, 2022|
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Director, Digital Marketing. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
Valvoline Retail Services is looking for a seasoned, data-driven digital marketing expert to lead the strategic vision and customer journey planning with the goal of delivering marketing personalization at scale and driving business growth. In this role, you will own the planning, development, testing and optimization of digital performance marketing focused on acquisition of new consumers and building market share. You will lead a team responsible for management of the infrastructure (websites, app, location services, commerce) to deliver an enhanced, personalized digital transactional engagement for consumers. Working closely with a cross-functional marketing team, responsible to deliver and automate personalization strategies at scale across touchpoints in order to maximize engagement, retention and lifetime value of customer base. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Developing and optimizing digital strategies that drive key performance indicators across acquisition, engagement, retention and reactivation. Develop and lead the team to execute against a strategic matrix of marketing contacts to ensure delivery of the right message, in the right channel, to the right customer, at the right time to deliver same store sales growth across our retail system.
- Building and maintaining a test and learning roadmap and continually optimizing content, target and offers in order to increase the effectiveness of each channel. Lead the design and development of campaign reporting and processes for regularly sharing out program results with key stakeholders, including franchising operators.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for automation and innovation that increase the efficiency of marketing channels and enabling scale, while minimizing cost and overhead. Develop team members to effectively manage agency and vendor relationships and continually seek to grow and evolve our internal and external capabilities by leveraging new third party systems and partnerships
- Leading and working collaboratively across different cross-functional teams and projects concurrently to support a high-performance, results-driven culture.
- Leading, mentoring, and developing staff through planning, communicating, delivering feedback, and providing growth opportunities.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 10 years of Marketing experience, 6-8 years working directly in digital marketing, with a deep understanding of best practices across channels (websites, apps, social, ecommerce etc.)
- Hands on experience designing, building and managing consumer focused digital transactional campaign operations, including the automation of personalization strategies at scale
- History of working in an Agile environment
- Experience leading a high performing team
- Strong tactical problem-solving, proven people-leadership, and a bias for action
- Ability to build a strategic learning agenda, leverage insights, and prioritize ideas based on learnings
- Strong project management with the ability to manage, implement and analyze various initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Great organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to disseminate ideas and findings to all stakeholders
- Creative, analytical and thoughtful thinker
- Comfort using the following tools: Google Analytics, Google Ads, SEO tools (SEM Rush, MOZ, etc.), Episerver CMS, SiteImprove, Domo, Tableau
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Post-Graduate degree, MBA
- Prior exposure to agile operating models and cross- functional teams
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.