|Published||October 3, 2023|
|Location||Falls Church, VA|
Pinkston is seeking a Director of Digital Marketing to take our growing paid digital marketing business to the next level.
At Pinkston, we seek to create an unparalleled experience for our clients, who range from established corporations and innovative new startups to humanitarian nonprofits and more. Our goal is to help them change the world with industry-leading communication strategies and tactics across earned, owned, and paid platforms. The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about 1) digital media strategies and 2) using that knowledge to implement tangible results for our clients.
We serve clients across Pinkston with the latest top-of-funnel customer awareness and engagement strategies using earned, owned, and paid engagement tactics. This team works closely with our cross-functional teams to develop and design digital media strategies and execution that support our clients’ key communication objectives.
- Status: Exempt-Salaried
- Work Location: Falls Church, Virginia
- Travel: 5 %
- Reports to: Jon Aragon
- Take our growing digital marketing business to the next level by elevating and defining the core set of services we offer, developing playbooks and toolsets to maximize the impact of our services, and providing resources to clarify our offerings and value proposition to clients.
- Support sales and business development efforts by delivering thoughtful, strategic, actionable insights for prospects via proposal or prospect discovery meetings.
- Manage paid digital team and workflow to coordinate efforts and sync strategies across all strategic communication channels including earned, owned, and organic.
- Work with the internal teams and clients to develop and roll out effective paid media plans.
- Implement paid media campaigns that deliver on aggressive pipeline and revenue targets across all paid media platforms.
- Ability to analyze audiences and campaigns targeting those audiences for strategy and ongoing insights.
- Provide executive guidance and lead strategic account guidance based on data-driven reporting.
- Administer media budgets and performance guidelines to optimize client goals.
- Develop clear goals and metrics with monitoring systems to ensure client requests and expectations are met and exceeded
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 8-10 years of digital media experience across social, search, and programmatic
- Proven business and team builder
- Alignment with Pinkston’s guiding principles
- Thoughtful and strategic communicator, internally and externally
- Ability to lead and assist clients across the range of paid digital platforms
- Demand and lead generation driven; proven funnel strategy engagement approach driven by audience insights
- Driven to exceed expectations and do hard things that others can’t or won’t
- Team management and strong collaboration skills with internal and external teams
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with high-performance expectations
- Desire to use skills to have a lasting positive impact on the world
- Proven experience and track record of digital marketing strategy development and execution across a wide range of media platforms
- Experience and skills with PPT and Excel
- Experience with Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Google Ad Grant, AppleCart, Geotargeting, Adservers and demand side platforms, and AI
- Experience in digital marketing for political campaigns is a plus, given the fast-paced, high stakes nature of political advertising.
- Experience with advanced analytical tools beyond Google Analytics, for consumer data and intelligence such as Adobe Analytics, Amplitude, Resonate, Mixpanel and others.
- Certifications related to digital marketing such as Google Ads certification, Meta Blueprint and others is a plus.
Who We Are
Pinkston is a strategic communications firm that builds world-changing outcomes for its clients and their communities. For more than 20 years, Pinkston has helped clients in a diverse range of industries find and refine their stories and share them with the world in unique and impactful ways. Our vision is to help our clients solve their toughest strategic challenges and make an outsized impact on their organization and the worlds they touch.
Pinkston offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes company-sponsored health, dental, and vision plans accompanied by employer-funded life insurance, HRA, and short-term disability plan. Optional long-term disability and additional Life Insurance are also available. Pinkston provides a 401k retirement plan and contributes to each employee’s retirement annually regardless of employee participation.
At Pinkston, we believe great things happen when people come together and are committed to building a collaborative in-person work environment. Pinkston is also committed to a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexibility through an innovative hybrid work model that gives team members the opportunity to work 30% of the time remotely. Pinkston provides generous holiday and vacation policies, paid parental leave, and an additional week of paid “volunteer time off” to encourage employees to invest time in a 501C non-profit of their choice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pinkston is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Pinkston makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.