|December 4, 2023
|San Francisco, CA
Use your digital superpowers for good!
Join us and help drive brand awareness, understanding and engagement with a diverse network of supporters, clients, and business units. You’ll lead all things digital – to include social media, email marketing, the website and paid digital advertising campaigns to help us attract and grow the volume and quality of material donations, increase traffic to our retail stores, and build awareness of our mission.
We’re looking for a digital expert who can create digital content that resonates and educates our audiences around the mission of the organization and will help promote activation around job and career training programs for people who experience barriers to work.
If you’re a purpose driven digital marketing strategist who is fanatical about using analytics to continuously improve results and cares deeply about telling great stories – we’d love to meet you!
- Develop and drive strategy for our social media platforms (currently Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube) to grow our online community and engagement.
- Lead, influence,?and manage 3rd party digital agencies and systems, social media influencers, and thought leaders.
- Partner with Communications Director and Development team to manage our email marketing platform and build strategic campaigns with measurable outcomes.
- Manage a team of marketing staff, providing mentorship and guidance on daily tasks and projects
- Manage video production and cataloguing of mission related success stories and events to help build brand awareness and understanding of our mission.
- Work with cross-functional teams across the organization to build and implement dynamic and compelling social media campaigns and paid ads that drive engagement among our core audiences.
- Visit retail stores, donation sites, and career centers to gather content for social and digital platforms.
- Collaborate with eCommerce on ideas to grow sales on partner sites, like shopgoodwill.com and eBay.
- Lead a refresh of the website to optimize SEO best practices, guiding the web experience strategy with an eye on conversions and revenue generation and to provide useful, engaging, and easy to find content for our donors, shoppers, clients, partners, and supporters.
- Create and produce content, to include writing post copy, email communication, website updates, and blog copy, to help build loyalty across all business lines.
- Support a range of mission related events and fundraising initiatives across digital channels to include writing and creating content across social, website, and email.
- Work closely with Marketing Coordinator to maintain content calendar and regular cadence for reporting on KPIs and campaign summaries.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field or equivalent work experience/certifications.
- 5+ years working experience in digital marketing.
- Experience managing others in a marketing and/or nonprofit environment preferred.
- Proven experience in developing social media campaigns that increase followers and revenue as well as optimizing websites, landing pages and user funnels.
- Experience in a retail marketing setting is preferred
- Experience a nonprofit environment is a plus
- Ability to interpret data and provide insights that inform strategy and execution.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Up to date with latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated hands-on expertise leading online marketing including social media, paid and organic digital, targeted ads, and building digital toolkits.
- Skilled at interpreting data with a curiosity to quickly discern and socialize key insights and recommendations to continuously improve and optimize campaigns and content.
- Solid understanding of digital KPIs, SEO strategies, benchmarking, and A/B testing.
- Tech savvy with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to build key relationships and manage stakeholders with excellent interpersonal skills across a variety of mediums (in person, phone and online).
- Experience managing vendors and 3rd party digital platforms like Chatmeter, Yelp, Meltwater, Media Cause, and Google Analytics.
- Strong written skills, able to write longform and shortform copy to contribute to social content, email communications, and website content.
- Proficient knowledge of WordPress, Salesforce and Mailchimp or similar platforms.
- Demonstrated understanding of campaign management with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Confidence in presenting to leaders and influencing stakeholders as well as working effectively in small teams with colleagues.
- Comfortable working with a diverse group of individuals from a variety of educational, social, economic, and demographic backgrounds.
- Ability to adapt to change and manage ambiguity.
- Experience producing video content, a plus.
Exemption Status: Exempt
Primary Work Location: SF Headquarters
Position Type: Full Time
On-Site Requirement: In Office 3 days/week minimum
Travel Requirements: May travel to different sites as needed
Salary Range: $90, 000 - $100,000