|Published||September 22, 2023|
Vanderbilt University is seeking a marketing expert to serve as the Digital Marketing Strategist for the Office of Learning Innovation, which is housed in the Institute for the Advancement of Higher Education within the Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs and Professional Education (OFAPE).
It is an exciting time at Vanderbilt as the University officially welcomed C. Cybele Raver as its new Provost and Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs on July 1, 2021. Under the leadership of Provost Raver, the Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs and Professional Education is leading bold new initiatives and strengthening existing programs. The Digital Marketing Strategist reports directly to the Assistant Director of Strategy & Operations in the Office of Learning Innovation.
The Digital Marketing Strategist is responsible for the day-to-day coordination of digital marketing campaigns, including the ideating, building, and optimizing of campaigns. The Digital Marketing Strategist serves as a coordinator, ensuring that academic programs have the necessary marketing support to meet their recruitment and enrollment objectives. This is an in-person position based in Nashville.
The Office of Faculty Affairs and Professional Education (OFAPE) in the Office of the Provost is led by the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs and Professional Education. OFAPE exists to support and champion Vanderbilt faculty at every stage of their career and to promote and advise professional academic programs. Vanderbilt University has over 4,000 full-time faculty across ten schools and colleges. The OFAPE includes the Institute for Advancement of Higher Education, the Office of Academic Program Review, Assessment, & Accreditation, the Office of Educational Design & Development, the Office of Faculty Appointments, the Office of Faculty Development, the Office of Learning Innovation, and the Office of Professional Education. The OFAPE leadership team includes two associate provosts, two assistant provosts, two senior faculty fellows, and six directors.
Created by the University Provost following an external review of the University's Center for Teaching and Office of Digital Education, the new Institute for the Advancement of Higher Education (AdvanceED) exists to promote cutting-edge innovations in higher education pedagogy and student experience in order to maximize the impact of new ideas on society. The Institute provides university faculty development and training, optimizes student learning in all environments, drives technological and pedagogical innovation, and charts the course for a best-in-class future. The Institute includes the Office of Education Design and Development and the Office of Learning Innovation.
The Office of Learning Innovation is dedicated to advancing new, uniquely Vanderbilt ways of delivering education to meet the evolving needs of learners and maximize the university's global impact. The team focuses on supporting the growth of the university's digital and lifelong learning portfolio, providing expertise in educational technologies, and elevating Vanderbilt as a leader in cutting-edge learning innovation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of creative and effective marketing campaigns that increase academic programs' student recruitment, enrollment, and brand awareness.
- Support marketing efforts related to the promotion of Vanderbilt Online, academic programs, and other strategic initiatives.
- Ideate, build, deploy, and optimize successful paid ad campaigns across a variety of channels, including but not limited to: Google Ads, Meta, and LinkedIn.
- Develop and execute SEO and SEM strategies for a variety of websites, including academic program websites, Vanderbilt Online, and the internal team website.
- Ideate, build, deploy, and optimize successful email marketing campaigns in HubSpot and/or Technosolutions Slate (a higher education CRM). Build workflows, sequences, and audiences for email marketing flows.
- Develop, execute, and manage organic, non-paid marketing campaigns for academic programs and internal audiences. This may include the creation of assets such as news stories, calendar events, videos, and promo kits.
- Develop and design creative marketing assets, such as Canva or Adobe Creative Cloud graphics.
- Collaborate with our in-house digital media team to develop video assets.
- Write a variety of effective and creative marketing-related content, such as website content, dedicated campaign landing pages, social media posts, digital ads, blog posts, calendar events, emails, phone scripts, and more.
- Analyze and evaluate marketing campaign performance in order to inform future strategies, assisting in reporting KPIs such as cost per lead, cost per submitted application, and more.
- Stay current with digital marketing trends and best practices, focusing on paid advertising and SEO.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education is required.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience.
- A proven record of ideating and executing successful multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Expertise in Google Analytics.
- Expertise in SEO, SEM, paid social, paid search, and CRM management.
- Hands-on expertise building and optimizing ad campaigns in Google Ads, Meta, and LinkedIn.
- Expertise building automated email campaigns.
- Experience managing and growing organic, non-paid social media accounts.
- Experience conducting keyword research with an SEO tool, such as Semrush.
- Experience working in HubSpot is preferred.
- Experience working in WordPress is preferred.
- Experience with graphic design in Canva or Adobe Creative Cloud is preferred.
- Experience working and liaising with marketing agencies and third parties.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and the ability to deal with multiple constituencies concurrently to meet deadlines.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to articulate and present information to various and diverse audiences is necessary.
- Evidence of exceptional judgment and decision-making skills is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information is necessary.
- Higher education and marketing or advertising agency experience is preferred, but not required.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
At Vanderbilt University, we are intentional about and assume accountability for fostering advancement and respect for equity, diversity, and inclusion for all students, faculty, and staff. Our commitment to diversity makes us who we are. We have created a community that celebrates differences and lets individuality thrive. As part of this commitment, we actively value diversity in our workplace and learning environments as we seek to take advantage of the rich backgrounds and abilities of everyone. The diverse voices of Vanderbilt represent an invaluable resource for the University in its efforts to fulfill its mission and strive to be an example of excellence in higher education.
Vanderbilt University is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note, all candidates selected for an offer of employment are subject to pre-employment background checks, which may include but are not limited to, based on the role for which they have been selected: criminal history, education verification, social media review, motor vehicle records, credit history, and professional license verification.
Vanderbilt is a community of talented and diverse staff & faculty!
At Vanderbilt University , our work - regardless of title or role - is in service to an important and noble mission in which every member of our community serves in advancing knowledge and transforming lives on a daily basis. Located in Nashville, Tennessee, on a 330+ acre campus and arboretum dating back to 1873, Vanderbilt is proud to have been named as one of "America's Best Large Employers" as well as a top employer in Tennessee and the Nashville metropolitan area by Forbes for several years running. We welcome those who are interested in learning and growing professionally with an employer that strives to create, foster and sustain opportunities as an employer of choice through:
- Working and growing together as a community of communities... we are One Vanderbilt.
- Providing a work environment where every staff and faculty member can be their authentic and best self, while providing the resources and opportunities to learn and grow.
- Encouraging development, collaboration, and partnership both internally and externally while fostering the value that every member of the Vanderbilt community can lead and grow regardless of title or position.
We understand you have a choice when choosing where to work and pursue a career. We understand you are unique and have a story. We want to hear it. We encourage you to apply today so that you might become a part of our story.
Vanderbilt University has made the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University may require employees to comply with any testing or health and safety measures which the University may require.