|Published||June 30, 2023|
Calling All Digital Marketing Unicorns
We are looking for a talented and versatile digital marketing pro. Someone that has a holistic view of digital marketing. Someone that strips out the annoying marketing jargon when talking about strategies and tactics. Someone who is highly self-motivated, able to come in and share new ideas, push boundaries and elevate results. Someone that isn't necessarily a unicorn, but thinks like one.
Our Digital Marketing Strategists are responsible for taking the lead on marketing initiatives within an account team, for multiple clients, and across multiple industries. Each day is a different adventure and you'll get to stretch your marketing skills to the max. You won't be bored.
STRATEGY, MARKETING, DESIGN, AND DEVELOPMENT IS A TEAM SPORT
When you become a Digital Marketing Strategist at Diagram, you'll get assigned to a team with an Account Strategist at the helm. Each team is responsible for working with a small group of clients, understanding their business goals, and building out a strategic roadmap to help push them forward. Each account team operates autonomously, meaning that the strategies your team proposes will drive the work you do-what you can accomplish is limited only by your collective ideas and abilities.
A TYPICAL WEEK IN THE WORK LIFE OF A MARKETING DIAGRAMMER
- Create a campaign strategy that supports awareness and conversion goals.
- Perform keyword research and content recommendations to support the launch of a new campaign.
- Jump on a client call to showcase a team deliverable.
- Draft content briefs to support new content creation.
- Review PPC campaign plans to provide support to our PPC specialists.
- Collaborate with designers on a new landing page, leading the charge on CRO.
- Ideate with the marketing team on ways to include more A/B testing within our projects.
- Talk to developers about technical SEO fixes on a client's site.
- Get in the weeds with Google Analytics to come up with ideas to make strategic or tactical improvements.
- Meet with your account team to talk about sprint work - we use the scrum framework.
- Create a workflow in HubSpot to automate an email campaign.
- Write a blog for the Diagram website.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE THAT HAS
- A love of content marketing and experience crafting strategies and deliverables that support client goals.
- Respect for Google Analytics and the treasure trove of information it can provide. You should have strong experience with web analytics and communicating the story around overall performance.
- A good understanding of SEO and the work that goes into making Google (and users) love websites. From keyword research to on-page optimization, you can deliver results.
- Great writing skills, whether it's a meta description or a 2,000-word pillar page.
- Excels at presenting to clients
- A strong work ethic, defined by quality-first work and attitude.
- The desire to stay on top of industry trends and share that knowledge.
- 3+ years in a digital marketing role. Agency work is a plus.
- Experience in manufacturing product marketing is a huge plus.
- Experience with paid social is a huge plus.
Naturally, you'll be stronger at some of these than others, but be honest about what you know and don't know when you apply. Also, be sure to share other skills you can bring to our agency. Email marketing expert? Let us know. Marketing platform experience? Share with us! We don't expect you to know it all to apply for this position-but it's what you'll be working toward!
WORKING AT DIAGRAM
Diagram is a digital consultancy focused on design, development and marketing. We work with a small, exclusive set of client partners. It's our goal to help them grow by developing strategic digital roadmaps and executing on them. We have a distributed team, with a home base in Naperville, IL (near Chicago). We've been around since 1995. We're a fun, committed group of professionals dedicated to helping each team member produce the best work of their lives. We also offer great health benefits, a 401k plan with company matching, an Open PTO Policy, Paternity/Maternity leave and other sweet perks.
Diagram is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discriminations or harassment.
We are committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
NOTE: Staffing agencies, recruiters, and/or placement agencies, please do not contact our hiring managers via email or phone