Digital Marketing Strategist
|Published||February 11, 2023|
The Digital Marketing Strategist implements and manages the YouVersion digital marketing strategy using a multi-channel approach in both paid and strategic organic activities.
YouVersion was created by the local church in 2007 and remains a ministry of Life.Church today. At Life.Church, our mission is to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. Our team is committed to reaching people worldwide through innovative technology. And YouVersion is one of the ways we get to do that. Life.Church is a multi-site Christian church meeting in the United States and globally at Life.Church Online.
We wholeheartedly believe a daily rhythm of seeking intimacy with God has the power to transform lives. That's why YouVersion creates biblically-based experiences that encourage and challenge people to seek God. We hope everyone in our community is on an active journey to become who God made them to be, abiding in Him, and drawing closer every day.
The YouVersion Digital Marketing Strategist works with the Director of Digital Marketing to implement and manage the YouVersion digital marketing strategy to drive user acquisition and brand awareness using a multi-channel approach in both paid and strategic organic activities.
What You'll Do
* Build, plan, and implement the digital marketing strategy to drive top-of-funnel activities that lead to installs, product usage, and brand awareness globally across all products, app languages, and segments.
* Create a monthly plan to drive traffic through paid user acquisition in various channels such as Apple's App Store, Google's universal ad campaigns, social media, and third-party ad networks.
* Focus on organic marketing strategies to meet top-of-funnel objectives, including app store optimization (ASO) and search engine optimization (SEO) tuning across app stores and key web properties.
* Collaborate with the creative and communication teams to develop specific campaigns and assets, product teams to align on roadmap and marketing needs, and partnership and content teams to maximize opportunities, all leading to the best inbound marketing strategy.
* Work closely with the Marketing Strategy Team to recommend in-app, social media, and email campaigns that target missional growth opportunities.
* Identify and work with key strategic partners to expand the YouVersion marketing reach through shared install-based activities and initiatives.
* Evaluate performance trends and act proactively to increase market segment by adjusting approved campaign budget allocation based on real-time learning and analysis of performance, trends, and insights.
* Regularly evaluate platforms and ad networks, working with management to evaluate vendors, pricing, and terms.
* Stay current with emerging opportunities in the digital marketing world and report on knowledge of current market conditions affecting digital marketing.
* Report to leadership on marketing spend ROI, including cost, reach, and quality.
Skills Needed to Succeed
* Experience in designing and implementing successful digital marketing campaigns.
* Knowledge of online marketing tools and best practices.
* Strong understanding and ability to evaluate all current digital marketing channel opportunities.
* Proven ability to create and manage paid user acquisition plans.
* Hands-on experience with organic marketing strategies, including ASO, SEO, and landing page optimization.
* Familiarity with web design and HTML.
* Excellent analytical and project management skills.
* Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or a related field of study preferred.
* 3+ years of related work experience.
Benefits We Offer
* Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
* Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
* Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
* Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
* Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
* Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
* Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn't stop there-the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
* $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
* Casual dress and work environment.
* Flexible work schedule.
* And much more!
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual's capacity to represent Life.Church's beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn't mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.