|February 10, 2024
Salary: See Position Description
Location : Alvin Community College - Main Campus/Online
Job Type: Full-time (Staff)
Job Number: FY2324-145
Division: Development & Outreach
Department: Development & Outreach
Opening Date: 01/26/2024
Minimum Salary $47,379.71
Salary offer commensurate with education and related experience.
This is a Full-Time Professional position.
Your application status will be updated throughout the review process.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Requires flexible work schedule to meet program needs, which may include working days, evenings and/or weekends.
May require travel to our main campus in Alvin and/or to various offsite locations, including local high schools in Alvin, Danbury, Manvel and Pearland.
Requires the provision of official transcripts and/or certifications within (30) days of hire.
Applicants with academic credentials from non-U.S. accredited institutions are required to have their coursework evaluated in terms of U.S. "equivalency." All international credential evaluations must be conducted by one of the companies affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES) in order to be considered for a faculty position. Applicants bear the responsibility of requesting, paying associated fees, and obtaining an original transcript evaluation for submission to the Office of Human Resources. Please refer to the NACES website for further information ().
Alvin Community College is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against anyone on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender equity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or veteran's status.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing and executing a digital marketing plan encompassing the use of SEO/SEM, social media, and digital ad campaigns. The incumbent will work closely with the Marketing department staff including the Director, Marketing Specialist, Web Administrator, Web Developer, Videographer/Photographer and Graphic Artists to ensure consistency in messaging and branding.
- Leads the strategy, development, execution and optimization of paid digital efforts, including display advertising, mobile, SEM and SEO.
- Develops content strategy for distribution on website, blogs, social media sites, microsites and digital marketing campaigns.
- Initiates and refines keyword campaigns through Google Ads to promote brand awareness and target specific audiences.
- Maintains and grows engaged social media communities, both organically and when necessary finding and/or creating social media influencers to promote Alvin Community College.
- Creates and manages digital ad campaigns through Facebook, Instagram, Spotify, iHeart Radio, etc.
- Coordinate marketing campaigns with the Web Services teams to ensure the ACC website is current and up to date with marketing information and provide necessary SEO terminology.
- Plan, schedule and create various content from still images to short form videos
- Develops yearly plan/budget to market select college programs.
- Coordinates college-wide digital campaigns promoting registration, special events and brand awareness in cooperation with external marketing agencies.
- Attends and promotes on and off campus events through social media platforms.
- Participates in several online communities, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. on a daily basis.
- Serves as liaison for all college affiliated social media accounts and ensures they stay active.
- Maintains, updates and implements social media guidelines.
- Stays current with social media trends and practices.
- Conducts instructional workshops about the use of social media when requested.
- Monitors and reports on digital marketing efforts and progress on ROI and KPIs and provide monthly social media activity reports.
- Designs digital ads for use on social media sites.
- Navigates across multiple levels of the institution and effectively manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Performs duties and attends college or off campus events/meetings that may involve weekend and evening work.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The incumbent typically works in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office. Incumbent may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day.
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to twenty (20) pounds.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field or relevant work experience.
- Two (2) years of experience in a digital marketing or social media role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with analytics platforms such as Google Ads social media scheduling platforms.
- Proficiency with social media technologies (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reels etc.).
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and/or other means for the creation of production of advertising and marketing materials.
- Familiarity with video editing software (Premiere, Final Cut, CapCut, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Must be able to work effectively and congenially with faculty, students, staff, and the public.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze, organize and integrate large amounts of information into clear concise presentations and plans.
- Work well independently with minimal supervision and within group settings.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Two (2) years of experience in a digital marketing or social media role in higher education
- Business/work related experience creating content with AI generative tools (Chat GPT, Bard, etc.)
Welcome to Alvin, Texas! Located twenty five miles southeast of Houston in northeast Brazoria County, on land originally granted to the Houston Tap and Brazoria Railroad, Alvin is home to 28,377 residents and has much to offer our citizens and visitors alike.
Alvin Community College is a public community college in Brazoria County, Texas. We provide educational opportunities in workforce training, academics, technical fields, adult basic education, and personal development.
Alvin Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees and certificates.
"Alvin Community College will provide high-quality academic, technical and cultural educational opportunities that promote student success, enhance quality of life and support economic development."
"Alvin Community College exists to improve the lives of its students and community by providing affordable, accessible, inclusive, high quality and innovative academic, technical and cultural educational opportunities for the diverse communities it serves."
Alvin Community College provides comprehensive, competitive, and affordable benefit programs to meet the needs of our employees. The College offers a variety of health insurances, retirement, optional retirement plans, generous paid leave and holidays, wellness leave, an employee assistance program, and more.
Please view our for more information and eligibility requirements.
Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field or relevant work experience.
Do you have Two (2) years of experience in a digital marketing or social media role?
Do you have two (2) years of experience in a digital marketing or social media role in higher education?
Do you have business/work related experience creating content with AI generative tools (Chat GPT, Bard, etc.)?
Are you proficient or have work experience in any of the below areas? Please select all that apply.
- Analytics platforms such as Google Ads social media scheduling platforms.
- Social media technologies (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reels etc.).
- Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and/or other means for the creation of production of advertising and marketing materials
- Video editing software (Premiere, Final Cut, CapCut, etc.)
- Microsoft Office software
Please enter the full hyperlink to your online portfolio below.
I acknowledge the responsibilities of this position will require a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the College, including some nights and weekends.
I acknowledge my application, resume and/or supplemental documents all match and provide the same and consistent information.