|February 4, 2024
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
POSITION TITLE: Digital Marketing Specialist, INDYCAR DEPARTMENT: INDYCAR Marketing/Digital Media REPORTS TO: Director of Digital Marketing POSITION LOCATION: Indianapolis, IN (On-site) FLSA STATUS: Exempt WORKER CATEGORY: Full-Time Penske Entertainment is a leading provider of world-class sports and entertainment. The organization consists of three prominent entities:
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the world's largest spectator sporting facility and annually hosts the world's most prestigious auto race: the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge.
- INDYCAR is the Indianapolis-based governing body for North America's premier open-wheel auto racing series, the NTT INDYCAR SERIES, and its developmental series, INDY NXT by Firestone.
- IMS Productions is a multifaceted broadcast and multimedia division that helps bring INDYCAR and IMS events to life for global audiences.
The Penske Entertainment experience is fast-paced, diverse and impactful. Through its business units, the organization reaches audiences on an international scale, focused on delivering exceptional experience from start to finish. Employees of Penske Entertainment are challenged daily in a demanding, yet rewarding environment that is best suited for dedicated professionals who want to reach their ultimate potential amid the excitement, tradition, and pageantry of the World's Greatest Race Course and the premier open-wheel racing series.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for the development and implementation of content across INDYCAR's digital platforms and experiences (e.g., INDYCAR email marketing, the INDYCAR App, INDYCAR.com, and INDYNXT.com). This role will support business and brand objectives through the coordination, creation, and publication of digital assets/content across the digital ecosystem. The Digital Marketing Specialist will plan and implement a robust, defined content calendar while continually auditing digital platforms to ensure content accuracy. They will be passionate about content development and the role it plays in the fan/customer journey; a team player, a collaborator, and someone that can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and implement content updates across INDYCAR's digital platforms and experiences
- Execute strategy for digital content publishing and email marketing campaigns to promote INDYCAR events, merchandise, and initiatives.
- Create engaging and visually appealing email content that aligns with the brand and effectively communicates key messages.
- Manage email distribution lists and segment audiences to ensure targeted and personalized communication.
- Analyze email campaign performance metrics and provide insights to optimize future campaigns.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and trends to enhance the effectiveness of email marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, design, and digital teams, to coordinate integrated campaigns.
- Ensure compliance with email marketing regulations and best practices.
- Test and optimize email campaigns for deliverability, open rates, and click-through rates.
- Implement A/B testing strategies to refine email content and increase engagement.
- Continually audit INDYCAR digital platforms to ensure content accuracy, consistent style and branding, and adherence to current best practices
- Stay informed about the INDYCAR schedule, drivers, and news to incorporate relevant information into email campaigns and overall content posting strategy
- Publish consistent, timely homepage, webpage and content updates on INDYCAR.com and INDYNXT.com, including photo galleries and video features
- Coordinate and traffic ads/creative/content with internal team to support partnerships
- Monitor website analytics using tools like Google Analytics, providing insights and recommendations to enhance user engagement and conversion rates across platforms
- Able to travel to INDYCAR Series races, meetings and events as defined by Director of Digital Marketing and other departments
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the company and the Vision, Mission and Values
QUALIFICATIONS: Supervisory Responsibilities
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university/college preferred
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in digital content coordination and development, preferably within the sports/entertainment industry
- Proven experience in email marketing, preferably in the sports or entertainment industry.
- Familiarity with digital marketing tools and platforms, including Google Analytics, SEO tools, and social media management tools.
- Ability to collaborate with design and development teams to implement website updates and enhancements.
- Proficiency in email marketing platforms and tools (e.g., Adobe Marketo, Oracle Eloqua, or similar).
- Strong understanding of segmentation, targeting, and personalization strategies in email campaigns.
- Solid grasp of HTML and CSS for email template customization.
- Experience and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite - image authoring and video editing preferred.
- Analytical skills to interpret performance metrics and optimize campaign performance.
- Creative mindset with the ability to design visually appealing and effective email content.
- Familiarity with marketing automation and customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Knowledge of industry regulations and best practices related to email marketing compliance.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams.
- The person who is selected for this position should be proactive, efficient, flexible, resilient, organized and a team player
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- The chosen individual must maintain high levels of integrity and confidentiality. They must be enthusiastic and committed to the company, the Vision, Mission and Values.
- Passion for motorsports and familiarity with INDYCAR events, drivers, and fan base is a plus.
- Willing to work a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends, in a non-traditional, fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to working with people from diverse backgrounds and commitment to cultural competency.
- Ability to uphold and consistently demonstrate the Penske Entertainment Standards.
- General office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Longer hours and weekends required for the Month of May and other major racing events
- This job may require travel to INDYCAR events
- Penske Entertainment acknowledges that the need for flexibility varies across all companies/departments and is not best addressed by a one size fits all flexible work policy. As such, the company encourages supervisors to work with their employees to leverage flexibility as needed to support a healthy balance
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands consist primarily of sitting, standing and walking.
- Must have the stamina to work long hours and must be willing to work an irregular schedule, which may include weekends or evenings.
- Occasional work outdoors requires physical strength and stamina to endure extreme heat, cold, rain and other conditions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is mainly performed in an indoor environment and near others.
- The employee is faced with frequent interruptions and must meet with others on a regular basis.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud, due to professional racing events.
COMPANY BENEFITS: Full-time employees enjoy a very competitive benefit package. Benefits include: Medical (including tax-advantaged Health Savings Account), Dental, Vision, 401(k) with 100% company match up to 5%, Paid Vacation, Personal & Sick Days, 12 Paid Holidays, Company Paid Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, Tuition Assistance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Generous Paid Parental Leave, On-site Workout Facility, and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Penske Entertainment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or events.