|December 15, 2023
Salary Range: $61,500 - $83,100 annually
Hiring Range: $61,500 - $72,300 annually
We are looking for a skilled Digital Marketing Specialist to join our team and help increase the City of Greeley's online presence on various digital platforms. The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of various social media platforms and web content strategies to effectively engage with the target audience through organic and paid tactics This position's responsibilities include creating and managing social media campaigns, creating, and scheduling posts, analyzing performance metrics, and curating content on social media and image campaign websites. The candidate should have excellent communication and copywriting skills, be proficient in social media management tools, and have a solid understanding of social media and Google analytics. Experience in developing and executing successful social media marketing campaigns is required and the ability to cater the voice and tone to align with the city's brand.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in communication, marketing or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in 21st-century communication practices (i.e., marketing, communications, media relations, public engagement, brand management, or related fields.)
- Any combination of related education, experience, certifications, and licenses that will result in a candidate successfully performing the essential functions of the job.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Has a general understanding of working with an advertising/PR agency and grasps the fundamental concepts of promoting local government and community.
- Proficient at writing, organizing content and data, and reporting outcomes.
- Experience in setting strategy while also navigating relationships with different stakeholders across the organization and collaborating with colleagues.
- Ability to utilize components of project management to successfully schedule, lead and facilitate communication.
- Experience assessing, monitoring, and measuring strategic communication and marketing initiatives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills and diplomacy.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Mail Chimp, and WordPress.
- Experience with current social media applications and online platforms for communication and engagement.
- Experience with digital cameras and basic video editing abilities specifically for social media.
Social Media Strategy and Digital Marketing Development
- Conceptualize, develop, and manage compelling social media campaigns.
- Design and schedule captivating posts tailored to each platform.
- Analyze and interpret performance metrics to optimize strategies.
- Curate engaging and relevant content to boost audience interaction.
- Maintain excellent communication and provide regular updates on campaign progress.
- Responsible for social media postings, both organic and paid, as well as web content update projects.
- Write content, develop ideas for content, and execute and publish content for the City of Greeley social media channels including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and NextDoor, that builds meaningful connections and encourages engagement with the community (residents, non-residents, and businesses).
- Establish external and internal relationships cross-functionally to gather information and inspiration for content that ensures consistent, professional, and accurate messaging and increases reach.
- Facilitates online engagement by creating and publishing relevant content, monitoring, and responding to comments to foster two-way conversations, and engaging with comments and questions that further create opportunities for public participation and enhance Greeley's brand.
- Develop, implement, report, and assess social media advertising campaigns for various projects and initiatives.
- Strategize and update social media project plans consisting of content ideas, post scheduling/frequency, response times, partnership opportunities and collaborations.
- Design effective digital media campaigns that align with council strategic priorities using platforms including but limited to Google ad, YouTube, Facebook, and other social and digital media.
- Update the City of Greeley's annual social media tactical plan, and stay current with industry trends, analytical data, and reporting features. Train staff on plans, best practices, and trends.
- Identify, communicate, and act on opportunities and risks proactively to represent the City of Greeley appropriately. In times of emergency or crisis, this position may serve as part of the Joint Information Center (JIC).
Image and City of Greeley Campaign Initiatives
- Participate in all phases of marketing support for the City's image initiative, including, but not limited to formulation of social media messages, planning, and purchasing of online/digital advertising, and evaluation of effectiveness and ROI for each strategy and platform in order to make recommendations and/or implement strategies or make tactical modifications.
- Compile monthly analytics on strategies used and support a variety of City-sponsored/partnered public events with promotion/marketing and on-site support.
- Maintain and update the campaign website, create content (blogs/events/photo/video/calendars) to be used as part of the campaign, and enhance or expand upon social media content.
Video and Digital Assets
- Research, write, produce, photograph, and record video and audio content.
- Coordinate and collaborate with departments and staff on video, photo, and audio/podcast concepts, helping edit and create content to augment messaging on City GTV8, YouTube, and social media channels that align with City of Greeley's brand.
- Deliver current, inspirational, compelling, and engaging content to tell the story of Greeley. Storyboard and develop a variety of branded digital assets depicting narrative and audio-/visual scripts.
- Edit and organize digital assets. Monitor trends and assist with the development and distribution of digital media.
Web and Digital Support
- Update content and /or make timely updates for city and department websites as needed.
- Support team members as needed for proofreading, generating web and social media content to best represent the marketing function, as well as update web content to support project initiatives.
- Building new web pages and implementing content changes, including text, images, videos, and interactive elements independently and in conjunction with the team using content management systems, newsletters, landing pages, and QR and link management systems.
- Extensive work
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Frequent contact with public and employees in person and by telephone; and may experience adverse or confrontational situations with internal/external customers.
- Exposure to frequent background noise
- Employee may be asked to drive personal vehicle for business purposes.
- Employee is subject to working alone and/or with groups and/or attends meetings.
- Employee spends extended periods of time at fixed workstation.
- Employee is subject to conducting business in alternate locations within City buildings and in the community, sometimes in formal settings.
- Employee may be required to work overtime, holidays, evenings, shifts, or weekends.
- Employee may have frequent interruptions and be required to manage competing priorities while having inflexible deadlines.
- Employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; work performed is sedentary, generally in an office environment.
- Environment is safe to having minimal hazards that are typically found in a general office environment where there is rarely little or no exposure to injury or accident.
- Requires ability to manage competing priorities with frequent interruptions.
- Communication skills enough to hear and convey information to/from the public via telephone and in person.
- Operate standard office equipment requiring continuous or repetitive hand/arm movements.
- Vision enough to interpret computer screens and documents to assist the public and complete work assignments; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Manual dexterity enough to accurately input, retrieve, and verify work assignments; employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Duties may occasionally include light to moderate physical effort that includes stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling; frequent standing or walking; frequently lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds; maintaining arms and hands in the same position for repetitive tasks and frequently working with light objects and light hand tools.
EOE Statement: The City of Greeley provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ADA Statement: We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free search process. We provide accommodations for applicants requesting accommodation through the search process such as alternative formats of this posting. Individuals with disabilities in need of accommodations throughout the search process should contact the ADA Coordinator at: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] .
Conditions of Employment: Candidates must successfully complete all pre-employment screenings and employment eligibility verification. Pre-employment screenings include a drug test, a background and national sex offender search, a motor vehicle record search, and for some positions, a physical demands evaluation. For more information about City policies and practices during the recruitment process, including but not limited to EOE, Reasonable Accommodation, and pre-employment screenings, please visit our career page HERE.