|December 8, 2023
|San Diego, CA
Workshops for Warriors is a 503(c)(3) nonprofit school founded in 2008. Our mission is to place veterans and wounded warriors into advanced manufacturing careers by providing them with industry-leading training, nationally recognized credentials, work experience and job placement. Training is provided at no cost to veterans. We are rebuilding America’s advanced manufacturing workforce, one veteran at a time with a team of passionate, enthusiastic professionals who want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve, their families, and our country.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing, tracking and optimizing our digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels. This includes planning digital marketing campaigns, including social media, maintaining our social media presence across all digital channels and measuring and reporting on social media performance. The Marketing Specialist is a digital content creation guru who is highly skilled in graphic design and video creation. This is primarily a content development and creator role with a focus on driving student enrollment, brand awareness and support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, schedule, and publish social media content, including paid campaigns, across all platforms that drives core metrics/KPIs (content creation utilizing original video, photos, and graphics)
- Measure and report performance of all social media, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Write, proofread, and edit creative content across different mediums
- Analyze social media trends in digital marketing and student recruitment and report quarterly to team
- Identify marketing trends and insights, and optimize campaigns
- Assist Marketing team to brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
- Collaborate with corporate and vendor partners
- Work with Marketing team to brainstorm branding ideas, graphic designs, and promotional materials as a graphic design resource
- Help in outbound and inbound marketing activities by displaying expertise in certain areas such as events planning, advertising, optimization and content development.
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Work Experience
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing social media and email marketing
- Experience with paid digital campaigns a plus
- Experience and expertise with Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress
- Experienced photographer and video editor
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google AdWords campaigns a plus
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Strong analytical skills and data driven thinking
- Working knowledge of HTML a plus
- Solid knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Proven track record of engaging content creation
- Outstanding writing and copy editing skills a plus
Preferred Skills & Traits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to effectively partner with leadership and colleagues to ensure deadlines are met, while navigating multiple priorities and deliverables.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various internal and external audiences, including donors, foundation representatives, government officials, program leaders and key stakeholders.
- Meets Objectives- Can manage and work toward meeting personal, department and organizational goals.
- Dependability–Has exhibited the quality of being reliable and flexible to be available when needed.
- Unwavering commitment to transparency, accountability, and driving results for yourself, and your team members and stakeholders.
- Very people oriented, supports a positive working environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Position Details: This is a full-time salaried (exempt) position (40+ hours/week).
Pay: The annual range of pay for this California-based position is $66,560-68,000. The actual compensation offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve listed and you think can bring value to Workshops for Warriors, we would love to learn more about you and encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Perks: Workshops for Warriors makes available comprehensive benefits after 30 days of employment. Options include Medical (50% employer contribution), dental and vision coverage (100% employer contribution), a 401k program with employer match, 8 paid holidays, Flexible work hours (position dependent), and paid time off.
Dress code: Our office staff works in a business casual or relaxed business casual environment.
Supervisory: No supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to push, move, lift or otherwise bear 10-30lbs. Applications may include but are not limited to repetitive work using a computer keyboard, mouse and headphones while sitting and/or standing at an assigned work desk area.
Work Environment: The employee works in an office/administration building in an urban industrial neighborhood. Other areas within the school are mixed use such as classrooms, welding and machining areas.
Employee may have additional environmental hazards such as: chemical, electrical, flammable, or mechanical in nature.
Policy for Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Prevention:
Workshops for Warriors is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected characteristic, and an environment free from retaliation for participating in any protected activity covered by this policy.
Workshops for Warriors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Accordingly, we have adopted and maintain this anti-discrimination policy designed to encourage professional and respectful behavior and prevent discriminatory and harassing conduct in our workplace.
Workshops for Warriors employees are expected to assume responsibility for maintaining a work environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. Employees are encouraged to promptly report conduct that they believe violates this policy so that we have an opportunity to address and resolve any concerns. Managers and supervisors are required to promptly report conduct that they believe violates this policy. We are committed to responding to alleged violations of this policy in a timely and fair manner and to taking appropriate action aimed at ending the prohibited conduct.
EEO Statement: Workshops for Warriors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees, applicants, unpaid interns, and volunteers without regard to actual or perceived: race (including hair texture or protected hairstyles, e.g. braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin (including language use restrictions), ancestry, citizenship, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, family and medical leave status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
All openings are subject to change without notice, due to the volume of applications / resumes received, we are unable to respond to status inquiries. Please be assured that your information is being properly handled and forwarded to the appropriate hiring staff. If your skills and qualifications meet the needs of the job, you will be contacted.