|December 3, 2023
*** Digital Marketing Specialist ***
Disclaimer: Please note, if you are selected to have an interview with Thermacell, you will receive an email from our applicant tracking system Paylocity ([Click Here to Email Your Resumé]) or an email from a Thermacell.net domain. Be aware of phishing emails/text messages. Thermacell will never text or Skype you about your candidacy or personal confidential information. If you are unsure, please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Thermacell Repellents, Inc. (TRI) is a privately held company with a mission to liberate people who love the outdoors from the harmful effects of insects. Founded in 1999 and based outside of Boston in Bedford, Massachusetts, Thermacell makes the world’s leading spatial mosquito repellent and targeted tick control solutions. Dedicated to delivering the best consumer experience, we have an ever-expanding product line for both adventure and home use. We aim to change the way people repel insects, and through disruptive innovation, strong distribution across multiple retail channels, and a global footprint, our base of users is growing rapidly.
TRI currently employs 125+ full time employees at our 4 locations Bedford Massachusetts (Corporate HQ), Buford Georgia (Manufacturing & Distribution) Hampton, FL (Science & Research Center).
Thermacell?is committed to preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging. The collective sum of our individual differences, knowledge, life experiences, and unique talents represents a significant part of our culture and is the foundation for our accomplishments and impact. We strive to create a?supportive community where we all can show up as our authentic selves and are confident and comfortable to be genuine with our teammates in our day-to-day work environment. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
TRI CORE VALUES:
- Drive– An optimistic can-do spirit, a passion to delight our consumer, a belief in the importance of determination and the freedom to make a difference.
- Ownership– We are empowered to take accountability for our contributions and desire to do the highest quality work with responsible urgency to drive business results.
- Integrity– We will always do the right thing guided by truth and sincerity. We exercise constructive candor and have the willingness to challenge and be challenged in all interactions.
- Teamwork– The belief that we is greater than me, and with collective brainpower we are better together. We are a community of compassionate support and collective success. We win as one and play hard in celebration together.
- Evolution– We are committed to continuous improvement, always learning, growing, and adapting to constant change. We seek progress over perfection.
Our Thermacell Marketing team is looking for a self-motivated marketer with a passion for building, implementing and refining marketing initiatives. The Digital Marketing Specialist will be a North America Thermacell marketing team member and will primarily support the Media strategic priorities. The specialist will be focused on the planning, management, and optimization of digital marketing campaigns across paid media channels. This role will report directly to the Media and Etail Lead.
WORKING HOURS: Typically, 9a-5pm EST
WORK LOCATION: Corporate Office – 32 Crosby Drive, Suite 100, Bedford MA, Hybrid (2-3 days a week in office. Flexible)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Strategize how to translate marketing goals into effective media plans.
- Monitor digital initiatives on a regular basis, keeping a close eye on campaign pacing, emerging trends and concerns that may need to be addressed.
- Support paid search, social, display and video advertising as part of performance marketing.
- Report on success and recommendations for improvements to the media plan.
- Continuously learn to stay smart on and activate the latest media technology.
- Support executing and reviewing digital media campaigns through retail media networks and analytics, turning these insights into actionable recommendations for improved performance.
- Track user engagement, conversion, and attribution measures for online activity, including digital ads, landing pages, A/B experiments and conversion tests.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales and Agency teams to align content strategy across digital platforms and advertising channels.
- Own the schedule and delivery of creative assets for digital marketing campaigns, including paid social, display and video.
- Assist with weekly/monthly reporting, supporting Media Lead with ad hoc performance report creation. Monitoring benchmark KPIs, such as CPM, CTR, conversion rate, cost per conversion analysis and, ultimately, ROI.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Is self-motivated to roll up sleeves in a company where your work matters.
- Is talented in data analytics, working with and manipulating data for reporting to influence optimizations.
- Is an idea generator and builder. You are excited by quickly helping to develop new programs and growing the Thermacell business.
- Is a skilled multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize and be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Is detail oriented and demonstrates an organized project management capability.
- Is a solutions-oriented problem solver who thrives in a culture of testing and learning.
- Is comfortable and energized by a dynamic small company environment.
- Is able to positively communicate and collaborate across internal and external teams.
Compensation for this position will include a competitive base salary and an annual incentive bonus tied to company and individual performance goals. The benefits for this position will consist of vacation benefits at a competitive level & 10 paid company holidays. Additionally, a company shut-down period is offered for one week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
We are proud to offer a competitive & valuable benefits package that enables you to protect your health, your family, and your way of life. It includes best-in-class medical & dental insurance where Thermacell pays for 82.5% of the premiums; Thermacell also pays for the first half of your medical deductible through our Health Reimbursement Account. Long & Short-term Disability & Group Term Life insurance (one-time base salary plus bonus up to max) is also available at no cost to you. Forty hours of sick time is also available on your first day of employment.
Additionally, you will have access to a variety of additional benefits such as vision, supplemental life, critical illness, Medical FSA, Dependent Care FSA, accident, SecureSave savings account, EAP, product benefit, wellness benefit, and pet insurance for your furry family members! You can find all the details and additional discounts in our benefits guide.
You may start contributing to our 401k after completing 30 days of service (enrolling on the first of the following month). You will be eligible for the employer match?up to 4% (base salary + overtime wages - subject to the IRS legal limit) after completing one year of service.
WHY WORK HERE?
Fun and casual environment. Disruptive fast-growth company. Thermacell is a consumer products company with a mission to liberate people who love the outdoors from the harmful effects of insects. Thermacell provides zone mosquito protection that keeps mosquitoes up to 20 ft away, stopping them before they can bother or bite you. Thermacell zone repellent technology eliminates the need for messy lotions or sprays, so you and your family are free to enjoy the outdoors, without worrying about mosquitoes or the harm they may cause.
Awards given to Thermacell include: Popular Mechanics - Grand Award Winner - Recreation - Best of Whats New 2018 New York Times Wirecutter - The Best Mosquito Control Gear for Your Patio or Yard Outside Magazine - Best Car Camping Gear 2018 Backpacker Magazine - Best Backpacking Accessory 2019 Field & Stream “Best of the Best” Award - Good Housekeeping Research Institute #1 Tabletop Mosquito Repellent – LIV Smart Mosquito Repellent System - CES TWICE Awards 2022-2021 - Canadian Tire Digital Excellence Award – CES New Tech Award – IDEA Good Design Award – Good Housekeeping Home Products Award - This Old House Editor’s Choice – Time Magazine Best Inventions 2022
Thermacell products can be found at fine retailers throughout North America, Europe, Australia and in over 30 countries around the world. Examples of our retail partners include Bauhaus, OBI, ICA, Bunnings, Coop, Walmart, Amazon, REI, Bass Pro Shops, Home Depot, Lowes, Canadian Tire, Dicks Sporting Goods, Academy Sports, Target Stores, CVS, Costco, Sams Club and Bed Bath & Beyond.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Business, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in a digital marketing role with an emphasis on paid media; agency or ecommerce background strongly preferred.
- Experience working cross-functionally with stakeholders of varying seniority and backgrounds.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills to support juggling multiple projects at once.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills and being able to gather actionable insights from data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Power point and Excel.