|Published||October 2, 2023|
|Location||Overland Park, KS|
Digital Marketing Specialist
Headquartered in New York City with offices throughout the U.S. and in Vancouver, Canada, Hudson is a market-leading specialty insurer that offers a wide range of property and casualty insurance products to corporations, professional firms and individuals through retailers, wholesalers and program administrators.
Hudson Crop is a unit of Hudson Insurance Group that provides a broad range of crop insurance products to farmers in all 50 states.
Collectively known as Hudson Insurance Group, its companies are rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best, Financial Size Category XV. Hudson Insurance Group is the U.S. Insurance Division of OdysseyRe, a leading worldwide underwriter of reinsurance and specialty insurance and wholly owned by Fairfax Financial Holdings.
Under the general direction of the Marketing Communications Manager, the Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring the digital media strategy to increase brand awareness and improve marketing efforts. They play a key role in supporting and enhancing internal and external communications initiatives to improve how Hudson Crop connects with its customers and employees, utilizing traditional and digital marketing efforts. They are expected to have in-depth knowledge of the various digital communications tools and have the ability to assess which to use for specific marketing needs.
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years career experience in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications, or other related field.
- Agriculture/crop insurance industry experience a plus
- Utilize project management platform to track daily responsibilities, plan projects and collaborate with teammates on a regular basis.
- Develop content and campaigns to heighten brand awareness, promote the organization/its products, cultivate leads, enhance partner relationships and increase sales efforts.
- Aid in the design of graphics for social media and other digital marketing materials.
- Create consistent and effective email communication to internal and external stakeholders using both Microsoft Outlook and web-based marketing email platform (HubSpot).
- Develop effective email workflows, utilizing HubSpot, to streamline and customize the onboarding process, as well as other email communication needs/processes.
- Research, write and develop content for publication on a variety of digital platforms.
- Coordinate, implement and track activities through social media platforms.
- Post and interact with users on a regular basis.
- Measure the success of social media through reports and dashboards to monitor social media traffic using analytics tools.
- Maintain and ensure (brand, regulatory and ADA compliance) consistency across all digital platforms, including but not limited to: Public HudsonCrop.com website, internal user platforms, mobile text messaging and LinkedIn.
- Coordinate flow of information and communication, and disseminate according to plan/strategy.
- Utilize company's electronic filing system(s) to create and maintain archives for Hudson Crop marketing and communications materials.
- Form professional relationships with external partners as needed.
- Provide additional department support as assigned by the Marketing Communications Manager.
Knowledge & Skills
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with robust ethical standards and a professional presence;
- Word Press platform maintenance experience (or willingness and ability to quickly learn)
- HubSpot experience (or willingness and ability to quickly learn)
- Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite Applications experience (Photoshop & InDesign primarily);
- Multimedia content creation (video and audio);
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret information and data;
- Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently;
- Social media experience; and
- Ability to interact with other departments, to be an effective team member and to handle project assignments responsibly.