|Published||September 26, 2023|
NorthWest Arkansas Community College (NWACC) provides quality and affordable higher education to empower lives and strengthen communities within Northwest Arkansas and surrounding areas.
As the largest community college in Arkansas, NWACC is recognized as a leader in education. NWACC offers a full range of associate degrees, certificates and workforce training programs that prepare students for rewarding futures and careers.
NWACC employees are dedicated to fostering a diverse educational community and cultural learning environment that supports student success.
Under the direction of the College's Director of Marketing and Creative Services, this position will be responsible for setting on-campus social media strategy while developing new and existing content. Additionally, the position works with the director to execute the social media plan and digital ad campaigns for the college.
- Under guidance of director, manage the college's social media efforts, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok and Snapchat and other emerging outlets. This duty is performed daily.
- Under direction of Director of Marketing and Creative Services, assist with developing a comprehensive social media strategy to define programs by using social media marketing techniques to increase visibility and traffic across the NWACC brand.
- Use social media posting software to manage postings and help maintain campaign plans as outlined by director.
- Drive social media strategy on campus for NWACC and best practices for content development. Maintain and continue to grow NWACC's presence on social media platforms and increase the college's exposure and engagement.
- Assist and guide faculty and staff in running individual program social media pages/platforms so they can be successful.
- Assist marketing team in communicating with internal audiences to gather information that can be used to promote the college through social media and other channels.
- Assist with the distribution of announcements and crisis communications to internal and external audiences through social media platforms.
- In conjunction with the Graphic Designer and the Associate Director of Communications to serve as a liaison between the student communications coordinator for targeted student messaging, recruiting and other programming on social media.
- Set up, maintain, track and report on the successes and necessary adjustments to social media & digital ad campaigns through social and Google analytics.
- Work with marketing team and IT liaison when creating digital advertising initiatives that may incorporate audio, video, web pages, and other new media types; RSS feeds, blogs, and other delivery mechanisms.
- Assist in taking photographs and capturing short video of campus events, news and features for social media. Attend major college events to do so.
- Assist in editing and updating copy/content on the college's website as needed. Regularly review photography library to assist with web updates.
- Assist with SEO and suggest content optimization for website.
- Manage campus-wide digital signage.
- Periodically serve on college committees and task forces.
- Work under tight deadlines to meet the goals of the college's Director of Marketing and Creative Services.
- Regular, reliable and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
- Periodically assist with translating marketing materials and advertisements from English to Spanish.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Salary $36,000 Annually
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of social media analytics, SEO, web traffic metrics, Google Analytics
- Knowledge of running digital ad campaigns on various platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Google, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and assist with overall project workflow by using a project management system.
- Have the initiative to research and gather information in order to perform job duties
- Attention to detail and commitment to executing quality work
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and manage time effectively
- Skills in photography, videography, and graphic design is a plus
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
•Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Associate degree required. Broad knowledge of such fields as communications, marketing, public relations, etc. Equivalent to two years of college, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years' experience in commercial setting
- Ability to work under deadline on multiple projects
- Knowledge of MSWord, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with various Social Media Platforms
NWACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.