|Published||September 11, 2023|
Digital Marketing Specialist
Marketing & Brand Management
Department Website Link
Tucson, AZ USA
The Digital Marketing Coordinator assists in both organic and paid digital marketing efforts for the Marketing Media and Web Experience teams under Marketing and Brand Management at the University of Arizona.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator assists the Marketing Media team in managing the organization and trafficking of paid campaigns for Central Marketing's clients, including but not limited to, Marketing and Brand Management, Enrollment Marketing and Trademarks and Licensing. This role will also assist the Web Experience team in managing the organic presence and iteration of the University of Arizona's flagship web properties, including www.arizona.edu, Admissions, Brand, Online, News and others.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator will assist the Marketing Media team in organizing media assets, handling invoicing, and partnering with our digital agencies in placement and optimization for paid campaigns for various University clients.
This role will also assist in keyword, trend and competitor research in both the paid and organic spaces - including tracking and reporting on SERP placements for the University of Arizona's brand and enrollment terms. The Digital Marketing Coordinator will also assist in reporting on user-testing and analytics data to inform recommendations on future iterations of our websites, sometimes assisting the Web Experience Team in managing tasks for product development on the University Marketing & Communications portfolio of marketing websites.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
Paid Campaign Management & Reporting
- Traffick campaign assets, prepare outreach lists and coordinate with the Web Experience team to update landing pages for paid buys.
- Attend status meetings with various agency partners.
- Assist in invoicing for paid campaigns.
- Provide insights to the Creative team in how creative for paid campaigns is performing.
- Prepare and update various reports covering performance for Arizona.edu (the marquee and other pages) and prepare reports for leadership.
Google Suite (Search, Analytics, Search Console, Knowledge Graph, YouTube)
- Monitor and update Google Analytics and make optimization requests based on user-behavior and trends. Help coordinate and report on the Digital Team's various Google Data Studio dashboards as projects and tools evolve.
- Perform Google Analytics audits for upcoming web projects.
- Support the access to the University's Google Analytics accounts and Google Tag Manager updates.
- Support aspects of Google Search Console such as fixing minor reported errors and coordinating with our
- Development team on larger errors and updating our sitemaps.
- Monitor SERPs and maintain the brand profile for Google, such as updating Knowledge Graph when needed.
- Track and prepare reports on PAA (People Also Ask) feature in Google for our brand.
- Assist with YouTube channel organization and content maintenance.
- Prepare SEO for both organic and paid landing pages focusing on schema markup, image alt text descriptions, and meta data structure.
- Set up tracking for both organic and paid landing pages on GTM and GA.
- Set up and support the team's SEMRush account and report on various elements such as SERP listings, 404 errors and competitor websites and prepare keyword analysis and reporting.
- Coordinate UTM tracking.
- Monitor on-site search terms and results.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to translate user testing data and analytics data into reports, actionable insights and product iterations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- 1 year of related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience managing paid campaigns.
- Experience with SEO and associated reporting.
- Comprehensive experience of digital analytics tools like Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Google Analytics Academy Certified Experience with gathering data and documentation.
- Experience with SEO tools such as SEMRush, MozPro, Spyfu, etc.
- Experience with user-testing tools such as Userlytics, Crazy Egg, Lucky Orange, Hotjar, FullStory, etc.
- Experience tracking deliverables from internal and external teams with strong attention to detail.
- Experience with web content management systems, such as Drupal.
- Experience effectively communicating with team members and agengy reps.
- Experience successfully managing multiple deliverables simultaneously.
Full Time/Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week
Communication and Marketing
Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Communications & Marketing
Type of criminal background check required:
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies
Target Hire Date
Expected End Date
Contact Information for Candidates
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Open Until Filled
Documents Needed to Apply
Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.