|Published||September 11, 2023|
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist to join the Communications team. This position is responsible for developing and implementing Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution’s digital marketing initiatives and efforts including paid advertising, promotions, emails, landing pages, lead generation, campaigns, marketing research, and reports. This position is responsible for helping to strengthen WHOI’s brand, increase awareness of and engagement with the Institution, drive lead generation, and maximize revenue from online fundraising and merchandise sales. This position also coordinates and supports marketing needs of researchers and administration as appropriate. Remote work option available for this position. This is a full-time, exempt position and is eligible for benefits.
- Develop strong digital marketing plans and campaign briefs to guide marketing efforts.
- Design and implement paid advertising and promotions on platforms like Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, and Google Ads.
- Create compelling copywriting and edit content for various digital marketing efforts.
- Lead email marketing campaigns, including promotions, email series, drip campaigns, A/B testing, and reporting.
- Develop and implement landing pages and websites.
- Execute lead generation campaigns and manage and nurture email lists.
- Optimize call-to-action (CTA) and conversion points across WHOI channels.
- Collaborate closely with the Digital Content Producer to optimize and grow social media KPIs, including fans/followers, reach, and engagement.
- Grow and nurture influencer marketing efforts.
- Conduct keyword research and implement SEO best practices to improve website traffic and search engine rankings.
- Serve as a liaison with outside marketing agencies, vendors, and contractors as necessary.
- Be a power user of and improve WHOI’s marketing automation tools
- Perform market research, reporting, and analysis of digital marketing efforts to evaluate effectiveness and provide actionable insights.
- Collaborate with various teams within the organization to meet marketing objectives and ensure consistent messaging and branding.
- Stay updated with the latest market research, trends, and tools in digital marketing and make proactive recommendations for improvement.
- Support out-of-home advertising and underwriting efforts as needed.
Perform other duties as necessary.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field; equivalent professional experience in digital marketing will be considered.
2+ years of demonstrated experience in digital marketing.
Strong copywriting skills and attention to detail.
Experience with paid advertising platforms such as Google Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, etc.
Knowledge of SEO best practices and tools like Google Analytics and SEMrush.
Experience with email marketing and marketing automation platforms such as Mailchimp, HubSpot, etc.
Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyze and interpret data to make informed decisions.
Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Self-starter with the ability to take ownership of projects and work independently.
Experience with image editing software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop) and experience with web content management systems a plus.
Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
Results-oriented and a passion for creativity.
Experience working with a non-profit organization a plus.
Physical duties for this position include but are not limited to: occasional standing and/or walking along with being mostly and continuously sedentary. Other occupational requirements include talking, traveling, working around others, and with others. Physical duties are subject to change. All are welcome to apply.