|Published||July 12, 2023|
|Location||Sioux Falls, SD|
Institution: University of Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Department: University Marketing
Reports: Director of Marketing & Communications
The University of Sioux Falls is a private Christian University offering a positive, collegial work environment and a strong benefit and compensation package. Benefits include but are not limited to health insurance, employer HSA contributions, tuition remission, and vacation, sick, holiday, and emergency benefit leave in the full-time employee compensation package.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Digital Marketing Specialist creates and delivers compelling digital messages across multiple platforms that align with the University's communication strategies, conveys key messages to broad and diverse audiences, and strengthens the USF brand. The person in this position will manage USF's web presence and craft story-driven digital content for the web and social media that resonates with key audiences. They will also manage analytic reports and develop long and short-term goals to increase digital reach and engagement. The Digital Marketing Specialist will be expected to utilize user experience best practices and search engine optimization (SEO)/search engine marketing (SEM) techniques while delivering on marketing objectives and messaging priorities.
- Create engaging content for digital platforms (website, social media channels, other online tools, excluding Athletics) that is relevant, on brand, authentic, and promotes USF to key markets and audiences.
- Conceptualize, shoot, and edit timely, lively, and engaging videos for distribution via USF digital channels; partner with vendors on more complex projects, and manage photo shoots/talent as needed.
- Implement social marketing strategies aligning with the overall University marketing plan.
- Repackage existing non-digital content for use across digital platforms.
- Develop and implement digital strategies based on analytics; create reports with recommendations to increase reach and engagement.
- Optimize social media strategies to improve website traffic from social channels through SEO and SEM initiatives.
- Manage day-to-day web content maintenance and ensure website changes and updates are published promptly.
- In conjunction with the Director of Marketing and Communications, manage the communication of USF's news, events, and other information to the public through various traditional and digital media outlets to internal and external audiences.
- Remain current with content strategy and development trends, user experience, and digital marketing.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, area VP, or designee as pertains to the position.
- Responsible for adhering to all department and University policies and procedures and the rules, regulations, bylaws, and interpretations of the Northern Sun Conference, the NCAA, Title IX, and others as required in higher education.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, digital media, graphic design, or a comparable degree.
- At least three years of experience in digital content marketing, digital media production, and website management, with a general understanding of SEO, SEM, and Google Analytics.
- Experience using technology, including but not limited to a web content management system, Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), and social marketing tools.
- Higher education experience is a plus.
- Experience writing for digital and print with expertise in Associated Press (AP) Style required.
- Demonstration of competency in photography, videography, and design.
- Proven experience working independently with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and customer service skills.
- Possess strong time management skills, demonstrate initiative, and know when to ask for help.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the marketing department, other University departments and offices, colleagues, and business partners.
- Commitment to higher education at a Christian University.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds; successfully pass a required background check and be able to stand, sit and walk as a part of performing the duties of this job.
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to travel occasionally required.
Applicants should provide a cover letter, a complete resume, and examples of writing for a digital platform (social media examples relevant), and three references with complete contact information.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS
The University of Sioux Falls is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes.