|Published||June 8, 2023|
Digital Marketing Specialist
Requisition ID: 229970BR
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Customer Channels Group / Healthcare Market Division
Location: Onsite in Pittsburgh, PA or Houston, TX
How will you make an impact?
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Commercial Marketing, this role is responsible for crafting, implementing and supervising digital marketing campaigns and promotions to drive incremental revenue and margin for the clinical diagnostics' market - specifically acute and non acute healthcare markets.
What will you do?
- Work with internal and external Supplier partners, Sales and Product Management to craft and implement marketing promotional programs. These programs include the utilization of Digital Marketing platforms and Demand Generation tools through Eloqua and Salesforce.com. This position will also be leading product marketing efforts across all digital channels including onsite merchandising, email, lead generation, webinars, and commercial sales efficiency tools.
- Support and improve current process for new product launches to ensure that the sales team is equipped to sell new products promptly and effectively. The process should address all aspects of bringing a new product on board including; acquisition of relevant product information (specifications, descriptions, images), web content, sales materials and appropriate metrics.
- Serve as internal champion for digital marketing, Omni-Channel engagement, analytics, and demand generation
- Lead/participate as team member in various ad hoc projects related to Marketing and Product Management. Examples include; PPI, business reviews, customer research, market studies, etc.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, business, communications, or science required
- 2+ years experience with sales, marketing or other commercial functional areas with knowledge of digital marketing tools including but not limited to: Eloqua, Salesforce.com, Social Media Channels, Adobe Analytics, IBM Interact, and WebEx
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrate confidence and diplomatic to negotiate and develop promotional programs with colleagues and strategic supplier partners.
- Ability to develop/implement strategies and sound recommendations based on both quantitative and qualitative inputs with intuitive understanding of financial/market drivers
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, customer orientation, presentation and problem solving skills
- Multi-tasking experience, flexibility, and understanding of business impact to address immediate priorities and still handle deadlines with longer-term projects and critical initiatives.
- Strong curiosity about writing unstructured marketing content for products, programs, and clinical applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), understanding/experience of Adobe Creative Suite
- Outstanding interpersonal skills - ability to communicate across all levels of management internally and externally
- Negotiation skills - ability to influence disparate parties and come to agreement
- Familiarity with and ability to analyze standard digital marketing datasets
- Ability to work across subject areas and in a multi-cultural, team based and/or matrix environment
- Proven Project Management experience and ability to manage and meet all deadline
- Ability to travel domestically <15%
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. A one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued. Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.