Digital Marketing Specialist
|Published||February 7, 2023|
Digital Marketing Specialist
Reports to: Media & PR Director
The Digital Marketing Specialist is a key player in the McD Digital team – developing and managing pay-per-click advertising programs, researching keywords, optimizing landing pages, developing PPC ads, preparing proposals, reports and more. Selected hire will coordinate and help manage client PPC campaigns to ensure goals are being met. This position also coordinates client services responsible for maintaining a PPC campaign’s tasks, creative development and performance reporting, keeping in communication with clients and keeping the team and Marketing Strategist informed of progress. Continuous learning is vital to the success of this position and to the reputation of our company as this is an ever-changing industry. The Digital Marketing Specialist must research the most effective tools and resources to ensure we are offering the best services to our clients.
The responsibilities and duties of this position include but are not limited to:
Paid Search, Display and Social:
Work with Account Executives (AE) and Account Managers (AM) to develop, manage and optimize the performance of the paid digital marketing accounts for Google, Facebook and other platforms. The DMS will proactively identify, promote and test additional third-party advertising platforms as needed. Other activities include analysis of account performance against goals; determine appropriate PPC ad copy, keyword match types and landing pages to test for CTR and conversion rate improvements. The DMS will also work with staff to help mentor and advise on paid search best practices.
Website & Landing Page Building & Conversion Optimization:
Collaborate with the McD Digital team to design, develop, implement and manage the landing pages including web updates and maintenance. This person will also assist our website project manager during website builds as needed.
The DMS will utilize Google analytics to analyze and report the performance of our digital marketing programs. He or She will be responsible for setup, implementation and management. Knowledge of features such as advanced segments, goal tracking, bounce rates, exit pages, will be used to provide feedback and recommendations to improve performance. Additionally, the DMS will leverage Ad Words data – day parts, keyword positions etc. to optimize and tune the paid search accounts they manage.
Search Engine Optimization:
The selected candidate will be assigned SEO work on specific client websites under the direction of our Web Development Director &/or SEO specialist. This involves a multitude of technical and user experience optimization work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field
- Experience with web analytics
- Google Adwords Certification (a big plus)
- Knowledge of web usability, user experience, information architecture, and conversion optimization is preferred
- Highly skilled at organic and paid social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective communication and presentation to stakeholders, including management, marketing, creative, production, external clients and outside vendors
- Proficient with PPC & SEO management, reporting, and analytical tools
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and the ability to work under pressure with tight timelines
- Ability to create buy-in from multiple constituents in a collaborative cross-functional environment
- Traveling up and down stairs within the office
- Looking at a computer screen for long periods of time
- Ability to work at home at times with consistent internet access speed
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Multitasking, solving or referring problems to various members of the team, also run errands
- Traveling to and from clients with some overnights necessary at times
- Support at tradeshows and conferences with opportunities to speak
- Ability to manage stress
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary or Hourly Pay with Flex Time Available
- Quarterly Performance Bonuses
- Year End and Christmas Bonuses
- 401K/Profit Sharing Program
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Healthcare Coverage
- Group Dental available at employee cost
- Cyber Liability Insurance
- Pet Insurance (at group rates)
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Group outings and events
- Continuing education
- Fun travel opportunities
*Eligibility requirements apply. See employee handbook.