|Published||July 16, 2021|
NRG is the leading integrated power company in the U.S., built on the strength of our diverse competitive electric generation portfolio and leading retail electricity platform. A Fortune 500 company, NRG creates value through best-in-class operations, reliable and efficient electric generation, and a retail platform serving residential and commercial businesses. Working with electricity customers large and small, we implement sustainable solutions for producing and managing energy, developing smarter energy choices and delivering exceptional service as our retail electricity providers serve almost three million residential and commercial customers throughout the country.
More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for setting the vision for digital initiatives and translate business objectives into actionable recommendations, requirements and solutions. You will serve as a trusted advisor to Marketing Managers, Program Managers, Business owners and Stakeholders to define, deliver and measure digital strategies. We are looking for someone who is an enthusiastic champion of emerging technology and its use to enhance the digital customer experience.
- Own and define the strategy development for a wide range of digital disciplines from awareness, conversions, account management, customer care, brand empowerment and customer engagement across multiple devices.
- Analyze trends to through data analysis and customer journey mapping to deliver digital experiences that meet business goals and objectives.
- Monitor and adapt the digital presence quickly to changing customer behaviors, marketplace dynamics, brand evolution, competitive landscape and industry trends.
- Evaluate new technologies and market opportunities as they emerge and guide stakeholders to digital strategies that will have a meaningful impact to the bottom line.
- Develop frameworks to help clients refine and evolve their digital marketing strategies.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to prepare strategic plans, go-to-market strategies, budgets, timelines, customer journey maps, POVs, technical designs, customer journey mapping, persona development, touchpoint strategies and digital briefs using the discovery and requirements gathering process, research, analytics, and other metrics to drive the solution architecture.
- Provide vision, clarity, thought leadership and plans of action to realize the digital landscape for projects and initiatives.
- Work directly with selected lines of business to develop strategies for taking the offerings into digital environments; identify digital marketing, service innovation and customer engagement opportunities and cultivate those opportunities into acquisition.
- Partner closely with stakeholders in developing their digital roadmaps.
- Proponent of user-centric strategy design and decision-making; lead and inspire the conception of breakthrough digital ideas.
- Open office environment (when return to ‘normal’ working conditions commences); current office environment is remote.
- Some overtime required as special projects arise.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information via email, over the phone, and face-to-face.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or additional relevant job experience.
- 6+ years in digital marketing
- 3-5 years managing multiple “clients” and priorities
- 2-3 years in project management
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Ability to think strategically and react quickly to provide solutions and results
- Solid business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of cross-channel promotion and campaigns
- Serve as resource on emerging digital trends, ideas and best practices
- Steward of budgets, timelines, objectives and goals for all digital initiatives
- Knowledge of marketing automation, enterprise CMS platforms, CRMs, the waterfall and agile development cycles and back-end systems and processes
- General understanding of complex online sales processes
- Strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills
- Able to multitask and work well under the pressure of deadlines and shifting priorities
- Persistence, resourcefulness, drive, and ability to work proactively and independently
- Ability to nurture effective working relationships with all levels of management, employees and vendors
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Posses a high-level of interest in online technology and digital best practices
- A basic understanding of website architecture and user experience
- Ability to work successfully in a matrixed organization with competing priorities
- Able to coordinate and motivate cross functional team members not under his/her direct supervision
- Occasionally requires lifting as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Visual acuity to review and process information and campaigns.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources