|Date Posted||August 14, 2019|
Smashburger is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager to help lead a transformation of the brand and digital consumer engagement. This role is data-driven, creative and drives engagement and revenue throughout the digital customer journey. This position will report directly to the VP, Head of Marketing and will be responsible for driving the business strategy, content direction, and merchandising aspects of email, digital platforms, SEO and paid digital marketing.
Founded in June 2007 and based in Denver, Colorado’s Cherry Creek neighborhood, the first Smashburger opened with one simple notion in mind: to serve a better burger and, in the process, helped create a new category. The brand smashed convention to deliver an all-in better burger experience focused on fresh, quality ingredients, a cool, hip environment, and exceptional service conducive to a busy modern lifestyle.
About JFC, our Parent Company
In October 2015, Smashburger Master LLC, agreed to sell a significant stake to Jollibee Foods Corp. (JFC). Jollibee is the largest restaurant company in the Philippines, operating more than 3,000 restaurants, including Burger King Philippines, Blue Ribbon, Chow King, Greenwich Pizza, and with 30% of its restaurants outside the Philippines. Today, Jollibee is the 100% owner of Smashburger and seeks to solidify the brand in the U.S. before its next chapter of growth in the U.S. and abroad, which includes organic growth, unit expansion and new acquisitions. In July 2019, Jollibee announced the acquisition of Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf moving further towards their vision of becoming one of the “Top Five” restaurant companies in the world. Jollibee is characterized by a culture of trust, humility, collaboration, decisiveness and executional excellence.
- Drive direction for the merchandising of email/digital marketing campaigns including product selection, story/content, featured promotions and content development.
- Lead the partnership with platforms, creative/content, and operating partners to strategically plan and brief email marketing content
- Lead strategies and execution for the expansion and overhaul of our SEO efforts to improve the Smashburger presence in search
- Drive the email and digital marketing calendar in partnership with brand and field marketing leads to determine the strategy for messaging, content, type of campaign, A/B testing opportunities, and more.
- Lead digital planning meetings to share weekly content strategy with brand merchandising/inventory partners, taking feedback and flexing the plan accordingly
- Partner with marketing team to ensure feedback is addressed, coming up with analysis based but creative solutions for digital marketing, ensure brand merchandising partners are in alignment on marketing calendar campaign direction
- Regularly analyze and report campaign performance, developing data-driven insights to guide future digital strategy.
- Work with digital media agency to continuously optimize digital advertising campaigns based on KPIs and performance
- Strategically lead and drive marketing support for digital marketing and collaborator partnerships