|Location||Silver Spring, MD|
|Date Posted||March 5, 2019|
This position will be responsible for maximizing membership recruitment, retention, and engagement through the successful formation and execution of digital communications and marketing strategies for NCSS, Rho Kappa National Social Studies Honor Society, and the NCSS Annual Conference. This position will also lead the production of digital communications resources to support NCSS, Rho Kappa, NCSS Publications, website management, social media, and NCSS branding in connection with the Director of Marketing and Membership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop, write, and edit content to support NCSS and Rho Kappa’s strategic priorities to grow membership acquisition, retention, and member engagement, including e-newsletters, web copy, e-books, white papers, and webinars as assigned.
· Assist with the creation of Annual Conference marketing, the NCSS advertising media kit, advocacy toolkit, the annual report, awards, and council communications.
· Create and curate online content from NCSS members and guest writers with the Director of Publications and Resources and/or Director of Marketing and Membership, to increase instructional resources for classroom/online professional learning use.
· Identify and manage digital content creators (e.g. bloggers, podcasters, video-makers) selected from among NCSS and Rho Kappa membership, and other subject matter experts, to increase online professional learning resources.
· Create videos, photos, and audio to support content development.
· Build a digital library of assets for repurposing content.
· Assist the Director of Marketing and Membership with execution of digital social media strategies for general NCSS and Rho Kappa.
· Create and edit content for the NCSS and Rho Kappa web pages and maintain content accuracy and consistency, including correcting discrepancies in layout, language, or formatting.
· Develop NCSS press releases and maintain the NCSS online Press Room.
· Serve as co-editor of NCSS and Rho Kappa e-newsletters (with the Director of Marketing and Membership).
· Provide reports and dashboards of basic analytics for the following platforms: Google Analytics, MailChimp, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights, YouTube Analytics, and other social media or web assets as assigned.