|December 16, 2023
TaotiCreative is looking for aDigital Marketing Manager!
We'relooking for a hands-on DigitalMarketing Manager who works where the(digital)rubber hits the road and knows how to get results.Your work willmainly beindigital marketing planning andexecution-including paid digital media (SEM, display, app, video, audio), email marketing, web content, and analytics and reporting.
You'll be involved with everything from campaign planning to optimizing individual advertising tactics and informing results reporting for clients across our portfolio. Most importantly,you'llget to help createand implement your brilliant ideas!We're looking for someone who is always "in the know" about the most current digital platforms and advertising tools to recommend for clients' marketing mix. Our client base isvery diverse, andwithmarketing clientslike DC Lottery, US Figure Skating, the Jane Goodall Foundation,USAID, Geothermal Rising,andthe German Marshall Fund,to name averyfew.
Role & Responsibilities:
While it will vary from week to week,the majority ofyour time will bespentworking with on client work and projects like:
- Web & Digital Marketing:Develop digitalmarketing plansconsistent with our clients' business goals and strategy.Establish indicators of success,KPIs,baseline metrics and benchmarks.WorkonKPI driving planning and platform-specifictactics forweb and content, planning campaigns,paidmedia, and more.
- Paid CampaignExecution:Supportour digital advertising executions. You'll be planning, setting up, and optimizing campaigns in platforms such as Google as well as trafficking and supporting paid campaigns executed by external vendors. You'llplay a key role in helping clients with SEM,Display,App campaigns, SMS, video and audio advertising.
- Email and SMS Marketing: Support clients with creation and execution of email and text messaging campaigns. Design plans in line with clients' strategy to meet meet goals, build campaigns in email and sms marketing platforms, and send campaigns to properly targeted audiences. Evaluate effectiveness using A/B testing, ongoing results, and engagement.
- Analysis, Reporting& Optimization:Analyze data and performance metrics toidentifytrends andanticipateclient needs. Monitor and evaluate campaign analytics to support data-driven decisions and campaign optimization.Playan integral role indeveloping insights,creatingand delivering analyticsand marketingreports.
- Content :Perform content audits and gap analysis to assess performance,providerecommendations to improve engagement, anddeterminecontent needs. Coordinate A/B testing tooptimizebased on performance and feedback.
Skills & Experience:
We'relooking for someonewho'snot afraid to roll up their sleeves anddo the work.Understanding the strategy behind the tactics is important, but this person needs to be in the platforms, executing the campaigns. Some keyexperiencewe'relookingforincludes:
- 2-5+ yearsof digital content, digital advertising, email marketing, SMS marketing, web and content marketing (agency experience is a plus).
- Digital Advertising & Content Management:Direct, hands-on experience managing digital advertising, SEM, SMS, email, web content, and integrated digital campaigns.Experience with earned mediais a plus.
- Google Ad Campaign Management:Experience managing paid campaigns using Google platforms, including SEM, responsive display, in-app, Play, etc (App store advertising is a plus
- Email and SMS Campaign Management:Proficiencywith one or more email marketing tools and SMS marketing tools. Experience building trigger campaigns within CRM tools is a plus.
- Digital marketing landscape knowledge:Current and always-expanding understanding of the digital tools available to marketers and how they are best deployed to meet clients' needs.
This is a full-time, W2, "in-house" role based out of our Washington, DC office.With our hybrid schedule, we expectemployees in the DC areatobe in the office atleast3 days a week.Certain roles (such as managers or people involved in projects that require more on-site meetings) may beinmore, and that may change from time to time.Ultimately, ourgoal is to embrace a hybrid office culture that balances the needs of the agency with the needs of employees.
What's the corporate culture like?
Taotiis apretty casualshop. You can generally wear whatever you want. You'll have access to anyone and everyone in the company, including the CEO. Not only is it okay to ask questions about decisions and policy, but it's part of your job to do so if you see a better way. The team is fun and social. There are all sorts of perks and benefits, but our culture isn't just about perks and benefits-it's about a way of thinking. And our way of thinking goes back to the mission: to move the needle. We're all about doing great work that gets results for our clients. And everything else that we do here, be it fun or work, in some way drives towards that objective. As one employee puts it, "We're fun, but focused."
What about benefits?
- 5+ weeks of PTO (including 11 holidays). This number goes up automatically with each year of tenure.
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. (50% for qualifying dependents.) And we have good insurance.
- Paid family leave for men and women (including PTO plus short and long-term disability options.)
- 3% retirement plan matching (plus access to a financial advisor).
- Home buyer help (including a $1200 closing credit)
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- You can opt for a company-supplied PC or Mac laptop. Or if you want to use your own, we'll reimburse you for it.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Tax-free metro benefits
- Asincere respect for work/life balance
- Money and time off allocated for professional development (also increases with tenure)
- A diverse team hailing from over 15 countries last time we checked
- A very hip/cool/funky/quirky office space on Barracks Row, in the heart of Capitol Hill. Just 2 blocks from the metro!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Great ideas happen when diverse perspectives come together. Those perspectives are Taoti's secret sauce. So building a diverse team and culture where everyone has a voice and is included in the process is not just the right thing to do. It's good for business. We'd love your own perspective to add to our mix! We're eager for new, diverse voices to join the team and sincerely hope people from every walk of life will apply!
A bit more about Taoti...
Established in 1996, Taoti Creative is a boutique, full-service creative agency located on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. We are privately owned and have no corporate overloads (nothing personal, WPP.) We do stuff like web development, social media management, branding, experiential marketing, video, AR/VR, etc. Our mission is to 'move the needle' for our clients. We leverage technology, creativity, and innovation to generate meaningful and measurable results for our clients-that's what drives us. Speaking of clients, they're about 60% non-profits, 20% commercial, and 20% federal government. Some of our customers include World Bank, USAID, DC Water, Discovery Education, American Chemical Society, Jane Goodall Foundation, and dozens of 'National Association of _________,' etc.
Our full-time team of about 50 employees is about 65% in-house and 35% remote. We hail from over 15 countries. And for the last four years in a row, we've made the Inc5000 list of fastest-growing companies in the United States. There's of course plenty of additional information on our website. If you've not done so already, be sure to check out our culture video:https://vimeo.com/289302105.
If you're qualified and interested, please apply on our website (www.taoti.com/careers.) Please note that these job ads often get placed onto other websites with their own application systems (we're looking at you Jooble!) and some sites (looking at you Indeed!) have made up random salary ranges.
We believe that one's ability to write in a compelling and interesting way is one of the best indicators of one's abilities as a marketer. So, we'll certainly be asking for some samples of work for those who make our short list. If you want to be proactive, please provide some of your best marcom/writing samples in the question below. Nothing shows us your abilities and experience like showing us your work!