|December 8, 2023
At American Student Assistance (ASA), we strive to empower all students to pursue the futures they envision. But we’re taking a different approach. One that leads with an ecosystem of direct-to-kid digital platforms that over 12 million students chose to engage with in 2022, a $125 million impact investing initiative, and a focus on advancing policy change at both state and federal levels. We help students through mobile-first digital experiences that kids choose to engage with on their own time. As a well-funded, non-profit we have the resources to perform in-depth research with kids, create large-scale, truly innovative solutions and build strategic and impactful engagement with millions of kids.
Benefits? We pride ourselves on maintaining a strong work/life balance while still achieving our aggressive goals. We operate in a flexible, hybrid work model with an incredible office space in downtown Boston. You’ll also enjoy unique perks like student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, 17 paid company holidays (including the entire week between Christmas and New Year’s) and all summer Fridays off from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
American Student Assistance is currently seeking a driven Digital Marketing Manager to inform and execute a digital media strategy for our growing suite of products to drive significant growth in our consumer acquisition efforts. The ideal candidate is an expert in ad tech platforms, exhibits both creative and analytical thinking, and is a results-oriented team player. This person feels comfortable autonomously managing large scales budgets, multiple paid media campaigns simultaneously, owning influencer and content creator outreach programs, and collaborating closely with our internal creative team to develop fresh, engaging content that resonates with Gen Z. Because we focus on maximizing our spend to drive the most cost efficient acquisition at scale, the role includes day-to-day campaign management, monitoring performance, analysis, and optimizing against our target KPIs. This role requires a unique blend of analytical expertise, creative thinking, and a deep understanding of various paid media platforms and industry trends.
- Manage all facets of a paid media strategy and execution, including planning, content development, audience targeting, campaign execution, and budget management.
- Understand key inputs into channel performance to be able to proactively identify trends and areas of opportunity.
- Write creative briefs and define objectives/KPIs for creative teams to produce compelling messaging and creative assets that align with each paid media channel.
- Have a solid understanding of performance marketing and all performance marketing metrics (CPM, CVR, CPA) to successfully assess performance, optimize, and measure against organizational goals.
- Own the analysis and reporting of the multi-channel campaign execution with actionable insights and socialize findings to internal team members.
- Launch and evaluate testing strategies.
- Manage influencer outreach programs, including identification and contract negotiation.
- Autonomously manage budget allocation with strategic direction.
- Work in tandem with other Digital Marketing and Creative team members to ensure all digital marketing programs are aligned.
- Stay current on emerging trends, new technology, and best practices to constantly evolve our social strategy.
- Manage and develop one direct report, providing strategic direction and support on organic social.
- 5-7 years of experience dedicated to managing paid media/social media campaigns at scale.
- Experience planning and rolling out large-scale marketing campaigns and the ability to identify and drive improvements using a data-driven approach.
- Demonstrate a creative mindset with the ability to partner with creative teams on content development.
- A deep understanding of acquisition funnel and performance marketing KPI's.
- Expertise in multiple ad platforms including TikTok, Snap, AdWords, and Meta is a must.
- Experience using the ad tech platform Smartly a bonus, but not required.
- Proficient in Google Analytics.
- Agency experience preferred.
- A self-starter with a strong desire to monitor and optimize to performance objectives.
- A data-driven, results-oriented team player who is excited to test, experiment, and learn.
- High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple campaigns simultaneously.
- Capable of multi-tasking across multiple initiatives and campaigns.
- Strong understanding of major social platform algorithms, ad products, and optimization levers.
- The ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities.
- A deep understanding of digital marketing, cultural trends and consumer motivations.
- Passionate about the mission and helping middle and high school students find their path.