|Published||December 5, 2023|
|Location||St. Louis, MO|
Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Department/Location: Central (Shared Services) Marketing St. Louis, MO
Position Type: Full-time, 12-month
Principia is looking for a digital marketing manager. In this role, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and assessing digital avenues for advancing Principia. Your technical expertise, strategic and innovative thinking, and ability to work under tight deadlines with a variety of partners and stakeholders will be key to your success. Reporting to the Executive Director of Marketing, you will play a critical role in developing and executing digital marketing strategies for Principia’s websites, email systems, social media channels, and online advertising. You’ll collaborate with members of the Central Marketing team, other Shared Services departments, and partners on both the School and College campuses.
Who We Are
At our award-winning pre-K–12 school in St. Louis, Missouri, and top-ranked Principia College in Elsah, Illinois, Principia faculty and staff make up a close-knit community of educators, coaches, and professionals taking a distinct approach to education—blending academic excellence with Christian Science-based character education. Principia’s team of over 500 employees supports not only Principia School and Principia College, but also a worldwide network of Alumni & Friends.
At Principia School, our core value is LOVE. Love and its attributes underpin our foundational beliefs as well as our educational approach. We focus on developing the whole child—intellectually, physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually, preparing students for the next steps in life. We foster a challenging yet supportive environment where character unfolds naturally, and talent is cultivated through boundless opportunities. Character education plays an essential role in every aspect of the student experience, and classroom work is augmented by character trips, leadership development, and real-world, hands-on, project-based learning.
At Principia College, our globally-focused curriculum honors diverse perspectives and develops creative changemakers who use their academic skills for good in service to themselves, their communities, and the world. In-depth study meets real-world experience through study abroad programs, internships, capstone projects, and a robust slate of student activities, including a world-renowned mediation team, top-ranked solar car team, national champion rugby club, and the nation’s oldest student-run public affairs conference.
Principia employees are part of an engaging academic community preparing students to be tomorrow’s leaders, thinkers, and changemakers. We strive to create a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong and are valued.
- Develop and continually assess digital strategy for marketing Principia as part of broader marketing campaigns and digital initiatives
- Assist in development and delivery of marketing efforts that include digital assets
- Manage execution of digital marketing through websites (and their optimization), email systems, social media, and paid online advertising
- Lead team in supporting those who post to Principia’s websites, use email systems, post to Principia’s social media, and pay to advertise online; develop guidelines and support tools
- Offer guidance to broader Principia staff to leverage digital assets to achieve their objectives
- Reinforce Principia’s brand consistency across all sites, platforms, and media
- Monitor traffic and trends in Google Analytics and other systems for sites, email, social media, and digital advertising
- Establish and monitor assessment tools to continue to optimize, adjust, and reconfigure available digital outlets to leverage emerging digital trends most effectively to reach Principia’s intended audiences
- Provide leadership in gathering, reporting, and interpreting analytics and other relevant data to inform decision-making and provide performance insights to leadership
- Oversee Principia’s content management systems (open source and proprietary) and email marketing tools
- Team players: Ability to collaborate and partner with peers and senior leaders is critical, with an ability to listen, give and receive feedback, and be comfortable exchanging ideas and speaking candidly in a professional and collegial manner
- Strategic thinkers: Ability to consider complex topics from multiple perspectives and offer innovative solutions.
- Results Driven and Productivity: Ability to prioritize and deliver results in a high-volume environment
- Communication: Communicates well (written and verbal), delivers compelling presentations, has strong listening skills, passion and drive, and both intellectual and emotional intelligence
- Innovative: Presents a problem-solving mindset that helps our team come up with creative solutions to challenging issues, with a mentality of self-improvement and organizational excellence; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Proactive: Ability to self-start
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data
- Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Planning and Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; manages multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Student of Christian Science; if not, then values-aligned
- Supportive of Principia’s mission, vision, and values as articulated here www.principia.edu/about/mission
- Minimum of 7-8 years of digital marketing experience
- Familiarity with branding across online media
- Expertise in digital analytics, data collection and analysis
- Extensive experience with social media strategy, platforms, and tools
- Solid understanding of search engine optimization, search engine marketing, and general web standards
- Experience with standards and trends of User Interface and User Experience
The statements above describe the general nature and level of work but are not a complete list of responsibilities and are subject to change at the discretion of Principia.
Principia, a mission-driven institution, believes every person has the right to an equitable and respectful educational environment and workplace. Principia does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender (identity or expression), sexual orientation, family status, disability, age, or military or veteran status.
In hiring, admissions, and related decisions, Principia—as an institution with a religious mission—gives preference, where appropriate, to Christian Scientists.