|Published||November 28, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER - SIGNATURE THEATRE
Signature Theatre, one of New York's leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking a DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER.
Signature Theatre is an artistic home for storytellers. By producing several plays from each Resident Writer, Signature offers a deep dive into their bodies of work. Founded in 1991 by James Houghton, Signature Theatre is now led by Artistic Director Paige Evans and Executive Director Timothy J. McClimon. Signature serves its mission by hosting our distinctive playwright residencies at our permanent home at The Pershing Square Signature Center, a three-theatre facility on West 42nd Street designed by Frank Gehry Architects. The Center supports and encourages collaboration among artists, cultural organizations, and local communities by providing free, public access throughout the space. In addition to its three intimate theatres, the Center features a studio theatre, a rehearsal studio and a public café and bar. Since its founding, Signature has received over 100 awards and in 2014 became the first New York theatre to receive the Regional Tony Award.
Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field and aligning with Signature Theatre's institutional goals and priorities focused on playwrights, community and access are strongly encouraged to apply. Signature is committed to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility and welcomes candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for underrepresented communities. Please read our commitment to creating a theatre focused on EDIA at signaturetheatre.org
The Digital Marketing Manager reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications and works closely with departments across the institution to develop Signature's institutional and production-specific media content. The primary role involves designing and executing institutional and artistic vision through media content, balancing industry best practices, forward-thinking creative work, and brand continuity. Specific projects producing and implementing media on Signature's platforms (social, email, website), including but not limited to video capture and editing, graphic design, copy writing, and photography.
- Co-manage relationship with external Digital partners (agency team, freelance team members).
- Design and implement dynamic multimedia content for organic and paid media on all channels (including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, display advertisement, paid search and SEO) for institutional and show marketing campaigns and special events. Capture, edit, and deliver all video content, including but not limited to interviews with artists, production b-roll, special and virtual events. Establish email and social content calendars, managing show-specific and institutional content creation and distribution via Signature channels (email, social, website). Deliver content optimized for various platforms and campaigns. Create graphic, video or animated content for institutional branding, production marketing campaigns, fundraising campaigns and more. Photograph select special events and milestone moments for productions and the institution.
- Develop and execute digital media plan for each production.
- Manage all email marketing campaigns and list segmentation.
- Spearhead website functionality and maintenance with web developers and maintain content updates and edits on current site.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing and Communications to develop content strategy for optimal reach and engagement.
- Actively research new digital media trends and generate new content ideas.
- Develop templates and guidelines for team and institutional use.
- Create assets for all on-site digital and print signage.
- Monitor and maintain brand identity across Signature's social media platforms.
- Manage asset archive and deliver assets when other internal departments and approved external contacts request them.
- Maintain key relationships and workflow with digital media management consultants and serve as point of contact for freelance artists hired for content deliverables.
Desired Experience and Skills
- 3-5 years in a creative digital role or institution, or in a non-profit setting.
- Experience managing social platforms and content creation.
- Experience with WordFly or other email and SMS platform.
- Graphic design experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Experience with Lightroom, Premiere, and/or After Effects.
- Proficiency in website content management systems.
- Experience with Google Marketing Platform's Analytics and/or Tag Manager.
- Experience with HTML/CSS web or email design.
- Experience with Tessitura a plus.
- Experience with DSLR photography and videography a plus.
- Experience with project management software.
- Highly creative in multiple mediums and artistically driven.
- Skilled at creative project management, and able to navigate competing deadlines.
- Well-rounded understanding of brand and digital strategy.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills.
- A desire to impact growth within a non-profit arts institution.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time salaried exempt position with an annual salary between $60,000-$70,000. Benefits include group health, dental, and vision plans, as well as the opportunity to participate in tax-saving flexible spending, commuter and 401(k) plan.