|Published||October 22, 2023|
American Physical Society
Digital Marketing Manager
Who we are:
The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics through its outstanding research journals, scientific meetings, and education, outreach, advocacy, and international activities. APS represents more than 50,000 members, including physicists in academia, national laboratories, and industry in the United States and throughout the world.
Join the American Physical Society (APS) as the Digital Marketing Manager and be a driving force in a dynamic team. By joining APS, you'll become a part of the legacy behind the acclaimed Physical Review family of peer-reviewed journals, including iconic titles like Physical Review Letters, Reviews of Modern Physics, and Physical Review X. Our commitment to innovation shines through with highly selective open access titles like PRX Quantum, fostering global collaboration in science. As the Digital Marketing Manager, your role is pivotal in optimizing digital channels and pioneering new avenues for campaign success across platforms such as Google, LinkedIn, and PPC. Reporting to the Head of Integrated Marketing Communications, Research & Journals, you'll collaborate closely with our dedicated marketing team. If you're passionate about marketing, apply today!
The APS has a "remote first" concept that promotes equal treatment and equal access, independent of physical work location, with a majority of staff working primarily from remote work locations. This position could require at times in office work, various geographic events and meeting attendance as instructed by your Supervisor. APS values diversity and welcomes candidates from a variety of backgrounds. APS offers a dynamic work environment with an outstanding total compensation package including salary, outstanding benefits, and excellent paid time off.
- Lead and develop the digital marketing strategy by identifying and defining key channels for journals marketing initiatives.
- Develop and deliver effective digital marketing strategies to achieve publishing goals around the growth of submissions and usage across the journal's portfolio.
- Set marketing benchmarks for digital campaigns and establish KPIs.
- Work with the rest of the marketing team to identify collaborative opportunities.
- Identify data and reporting requirements to optimize use of marketing tech stack.
- Manage and develop annual budgets for campaigns, ensure effective and robust marketing reporting, and provide regular updates to colleagues in Publications and the APS Senior Leadership Team.
- Collaborate effectively with Publishing and Sales colleagues to develop campaigns that support sales and renewals and raise the visibility of APS Publications in the market.
Education: Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience managing digital marketing programs.
- A demonstrable track record of innovation in collaboration with 3rd parties and vendors.
- ?????????Digital marketing experience across a variety of channels and experience optimizing content creation for digital campaigns.
- Knowledge of the academic publishing landscape, including trends in open access and open science as well as other forces shaping the industry is preferred.
- Cultural and market awareness to effectively support journal portfolios.
- Ability to define strategic opportunities and successfully articulate and execute plans to address them.
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships with internal and external colleagues and stakeholders.
- Proficiency with CRM systems (Salesforce experience preferred) and other relevant business systems, data and tools.
- Self-motivated, with a strong drive for results.
- Ability to make timely, quality decisions.
- Ability to work well both independently as well as collaboratively with interdepartmental teams and external colleagues.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently from a remote location or while traveling.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to utilize digital technology to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders effectively.
Travel: Some travel may be required to meet with marketing, visit the APS offices located in Long Island, NY and the Washington DC metro area, and attend other periodic meetings, training, and strategy sessions at other offsite locations. Additional travel as required by the Supervisor.
Our Core Values:
- The Scientific Method
- Truth and Integrity
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Respect
- Partnering, Cooperation, and Open Collaboration
- Speaking Out
- Education and Learning
Social Media: https://www.aps.org/newsroom/social/index.cfm
Amazing 2023 Benefit Offerings:
- Flexible schedules and ability to work remotely
- 8% employer-paid retirement contribution
- Investment advisement services: 100% employer paid
- Medical benefits: PPO or HDHP option
- Employer contribution to FSA or HSA account, eligibility based on medical plan enrollment
- Lifestyle Spending benefit up to $2000.00 (USD) - 100% employer paid
- Dental benefits: individual coverage 100% employer paid
- Vision benefits: individual and dependent coverage 100% employer paid
- Basic Life & Accident insurance: employee coverage 100% employer paid
- Supplemental Life & Accident insurance, including spouse & dependent child(ren) coverage
- Disability insurance: employee coverage 100% employer paid
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness insurance
- Healthcare, Commuter & Dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Vacation: 15 days annually
- Generous holiday leave: 17 paid days of significance; includes one week closure at the end of December
- Personal leave: 4 days annually
- Volunteer leave: 1 day annually
- Sick leave: 10 days annually
- Bereavement & Compassion leave: 2 -15 days based on loss
- 12 weeks employer-paid family leave
- College tuition reimbursement plan
- Job related seminar & continuing education
- Professional Certification/Recertification 100% employer paid
- Training and professional development; access to LinkedIn Learning on-demand courses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mindfulness Meditation: live and on-demand classes
- APS does not offer relocation assistance/costs
The American Physical Society is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of American Physical Society not to discriminate or allow the harassment of employees or applicants on the basis of race, religious creed, immigration status, alienage or citizenship, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, protected veteran status, protected military status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, ancestry, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices, including recruitment, advertising, job application procedures, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, job assignments, benefits and/or other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, provided the individual is qualified, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the essential functions of the job. This policy applies to all jobs at APS. The American Physical Society is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact APS Human Resources at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
The "Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal'' poster, prepared by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), provides an overview of several laws that protect you from discrimination on the job, and several rights are afforded to you by these laws. The "Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision," prepared by the U.S. Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), provides an overview of several protections implemented to protect individuals working under federal contracts from discrimination when inquiring about or discussing compensation; these protections apply to all employees and applicants.
The APS has a "remote first" concept that promotes equal treatment and equal access, independent of physical work location, with a majority of staff working primarily from remote work locations.
Please see job description