|Published||July 29, 2023|
Established in 1946, Aspen Skiing Company, also known as Aspen Snowmass, owns and operates four mountains-Snowmass, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands and Buttermilk-creating premium, sustainable and transformative experiences in recreation, culture, and nature. In addition, the company runs the award-winning Aspen Snowmass Ski & Snowboard School, Four Mountain Sports rental and retail shops, and a collection of sustainably-sourced on-mountain food & beverage outlets. Aspen Skiing Company also owns Aspen Hospitality, which is comprised of The Little Nell and Limelight Hotel brands and ASPENX, a contemporary retail and experience brand. Across all divisions, Aspen Skiing Company works to drive positive social change through climate, community, and minority group advocacy and investment. For more information about Aspen Snowmass, visit www.aspensnowmass.com.
The Digital Marketing Manager leads digital content management and optimization for the Aspen Snowmass brand website and app, and supports product setup and marketing for the site, ecomm, and app. This role is highly proactive, detail oriented, collaborative, and has excellent project management skills to implement complex seasonal transitions, make timely updates that support the business (mountain reporting), and work with teammates on digital content strategy and updates. This role supports the marketing team and company revenue centers in bringing key messages, initiatives, campaigns, and content to life through the website and app utilizing website, SEO, and UX best practices.
The budgeted salary range for this position is $64,728 - $85,000. Actual pay will be dependent on budget and experience, all our salaried roles are eligible for bonus.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees the web content production schedule for aspensnowmass.com and app, ensuring that content is accurate, informative, and timely (Examples are web requests, season turnover, product page optimization)
- Manages, implements, and enforces website guidelines; trains web content producers for AspenSnowmass.com and ensures that they have the tools, resources, and technology to execute their work.
- Works closely with digital marketing team to ensure messaging and content consistency across digital platforms
- Aligns with content team to enforce adherence to content strategy across digital touchpoints, including brand guidelines
- With direction from Senior Manager, Ecomm & Product Marketing, coordinates with revenue centers and digital tech team on ecommerce product setup, confirmation emails, and content management
- Works with content teams to coordinate photo and video asset needs for website, app, and ecommerce applications
- Product marketer and main point of contact for mountain reporting data (snow, trails, etc) on digital applications and third-party channels
- Manages and implements Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing strategies with the assistance of digital agencies
- Oversee Google My Business, Yelp, TripAdvisor, and other third-party listings and optimize for SEO
- Writes, edits, and proofs website and app content as needed
- Works closely with analytics team to regularly analyze, report on, and distill website and app performance data, with actionable takeaways as appropriate
- Recommends and implements updates and best practices to continually optimize website effectiveness and performance; works with website development vendor and digital tech team to groom development backlog and implement new components
- Troubleshoots, resolves, or escalates website and app issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree with preferred emphasis in digital marketing and/or IT
- 2-5 years of experience with digital marketing in a related field
- 2+ years of experience interfacing with technology & product teams
- Possess a fundamental understanding of digital technologies as well as content management systems and tools and how they interface with websites and digital technology. Experienced Sitecore End User/Digital Marketing Suite preferred
- Familiarity with digital strategy with regards to ecommerce, SEO, online conversion, strategic enhancements, personalization, usability testing, and next generation digital solutions
- Experience managing multiple large and complex projects from initial planning stages through conception, design, execution, delivery, and ongoing support
- Experience with mobile web presentation theory and responsive design methodologies, user testing, and mobile e-commerce a plus
- Experience working with Google Analytics and reporting and core understanding of SEO/SEM and related tactics
- Must be over 18 years of age
Supervision given and received
Supervision given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision received: Works under general supervision of Senior Manager, Ecomm and Product Marketing. Receives continuing or individual assignments according to supervisor's directions and may perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality, quantity and deadlines are clearly set. Instructions, advice and assistance available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled check-ins.
Work Environment and physical demands
Ability to stand, type and sit at desk/computer for most of the work shift executing repetitive movements
No adverse or hazardous conditions
Not required, but preferred to be able to occasionally lift, push or pull 25 lbs. individually or with assistance (weight limits can vary according to position, but no more than 50)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. By accepting a position with Aspen Skiing Company, you acknowledge that you are able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. To request accommodation during the application and interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 970-300-7700.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / ASPENX / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit www.aspensnowmass.com/employment/benefits-and-perks
As of March 11th 2022, Aspen Skiing Company, ASPENX, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will no longer require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about our policies as it relates to employee safety here