|Published||July 14, 2023|
Digital Marketing Manager
The Digital Marketing Manager (DMM) plans, develops, tracks, and analyzes University direct response digital marketing on all paid performance channels. The DMM is responsible for overall performance strategies and will guide optimization processes across digital performance lead-generation campaigns to reach forecasted lead and enrollment goals. This individual will work in collaboration with the Marketing team, including creative and web services to launch digital campaigns on time and provide the tracking and analysis needed to measure campaign performance. The DMM will run, expand, and develop new paid digital marketing campaigns using direct response tactics, and driving important performance metrics while being dedicated, data-driven and passionate about digital marketing. The DMM should have experience with industry-standard key performance indicators (KPIs) including engagement, impressions, reach, frequency, cost per click (CPC), cost-per-lead (CPL) and cost-per-enroll (CPL).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with marketing leadership on lead campaign management and digital performance optimization strategies for digital direct response channels, which may include paid search, paid social, display, video, and new media.
- Apply internal and external data and analytics tools to scale and optimize towards those delivering Return on Investment following our goals.
- Identify new areas of opportunity within existing placements and channels, evaluate and test new technologies using market trends, and internal data industry best practices to inform decision making.
- Improve marketing spend to achieve improved cost-per-lead and cost-per-enroll metrics.
- Execute campaign management, testing and expansion while staying within the pre-determined budget.
- Use cost prediction data from paid search platforms to inform the creation of a paid media budget on a program-by-program basis.
- Identify trends within campaign data and optimize spend and performance based on the insights to improve business Indicators.
- Maintain, nurture, and grow relationships with external third-party partners.
- Maintain key performance indicator reports that track performance and efficiency across marketing channels and use data to identify trends and insights.
- Create and execute upon a standardized framework for performance campaign management to maximize results for the marketing investment.
- Use third-party tools and internal data and analytics tools to scale, optimize, and deliver strong Return on Investment for biddable media campaigns.
- Stay up to date with new trends and technologies in the digital and lead generation industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in an associated field.
- 4+ years in direct response or lead generation marketing.
- Proficient acquisition marketer with deep experience in all paid strategies.
- Experience as a data-driven marketer that can build a digital strategy incorporating goals and budgets.
- Experience communicating with diverse team members and third-party partners.
- Proficient in spreadsheet manipulation, including formulas, concatenation, and pivot tables
- Ability to analyze campaign performance against KPIs and build new audience segments.
- Experience with ad placement systems, including Google and Bing Ads.
- Experience with third-party technology solutions such as Google Marketing Platform and StackAdapt
- Expert in Google Ads & Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of advanced tracking protocols, including urchin tracking module (UTM)
- Manage customer lists and organize essential data points
- Ability to develop and adhere to set budgets
- Experience with data dashboards and aggregators like Google Data Studio or Tableau
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in the higher education industry
- Knowledge of web development best practices, including search engine optimization (SEO)
This is a full-time position with full benefits and annual, holiday and sick leave. The university offers a generous benefits package, including tuition remission for graduate and undergraduate classes at Mount St. Mary's University, retirement program with a match as well as a generous paid time off schedule. Competitive salary commensurate to experience
Full Time/Part Time: