|Published||July 12, 2023|
Digital Marketing Manager
NBU3 (FLSA exempt)
Communications, Main Library
Full-time (40 hours/week)
Target Salary Range:
Do you have digital marketing experience and a desire to work for a mission-driven organization that directly serves the community on a daily basis? If so, this opportunity is for you! Stark Library, based in Canton, Ohio, is seeking a digital marketing professional to fill our Digital Marketing Manager position. This role will be based at our Main Library headquarters in thriving downtown Canton, just steps from Centennial Plaza and a number of local amenities.
As the Digital Marketing Manager you would be responsible for all digital platforms, including the functionality and maintenance of the website and our various social media platforms. The successful candidate will be responsible for all digital platforms, including the functionality and maintenance of the website, strategic direction of all digital platforms and social media, and management and coordination of all projects associated with these channels. The successful candidate will be highly organized, an exceptional communicator, and committed to advancing the mission of the Library through high quality digital marketing initiatives.
For this full-time (40 hours/week) position we are targeting a compensation range of $50-55k and offer a competitive benefits package. Examples of coverages include:
- Medical – Two PPO and one High Deductible Plan with accompanying option of Health Savings or Flexible Spending Account
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 10 paid holidays and up to two floating holidays
- Ohio Public Employee Retirement System (OPERS)
If you are interested in working for an organization directly serving the community in meaningful ways, and the requirements of this role align with your skills and professional interests (detailed job description below), please submit your application and resume.
The Digital Marketing Manager manages the day-to-day operation of the Library’s digital platforms and manages all related projects, including the functionality and maintenance of the website. Oversees the user experience for the Library’s online properties including website, social media, mobile app, and digital signage, and management and coordination of these platforms.
Digital Property Management
- Formulates goals, plans, and procedures for the online properties to support the Library’s mission and goals and communicates such throughout the organization.
- Develops and manages the Library’s social media strategy; guides the Social Media Committee in the development and execution of social media content.
- Engages in strategic planning and decision making for the Library’s website, including navigation, user experience, and connectivity.
- Proactively manages relevant and evergreen content across all platforms.
- Maintains the Library’s SharePoint instances and ensures that all SharePoint sites are in compliance.
- Works with vendors, the Communications team, the IT team, and other Library staff to maintain brand integrity and consistent messaging across all electronic channels.
- Initiates, coordinates, and executes digital media projects, including requirements analysis, vendor selection, budgeting, scheduling, task prioritization, and project team leadership.
- Maintains the user interface of the Library website; oversees the content management system and other digital publishing platforms.
- Collaborates with IT and other Library staff to ensure connectivity between library systems and public-facing digital properties.
Analytics and Reporting
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the Library’s online efforts, analyzing key metrics, measuring outcomes and identifying trends, with a goal of driving web traffic and online engagement.
- Generates statistical analysis, reporting and recommendations.
- Plans and executes multiplatform, integrated digital marketing campaigns, including a combination of paid media (e.g. Google AdWords, Facebook) and unpaid media.
- Analyzes campaigns to increase Library awareness and engagement.
- Keeps current on industry best practice in web management, search engine optimization, email marketing, and social media.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Web Development, or related field of study.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in digital marketing, inclusive of marketing automation, email marketing, content management systems, and web analytics.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of the above.
- Experience in public libraries or public-sector organizations is a plus.
- Customer Service
- Ethics & Integrity
- Job Knowledge
- Quality of Work
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Expertise and understanding of best practices and metrics in digital marketing platforms, social media, SEO, and web traffic.
- Functional expertise in the use of HTML and CSS.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with graphic design and photo editing using industry standard software.
- SharePoint experience is a plus.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- This job operates in a professional office environment with exposure to central climate control, overhead lighting, and low-to-moderate noise levels.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear, sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, bend, stoop, use hands and fingers to perform repetitive motions, and reach with hands and arms, and to lift, push, or pull objects weighing up to 15 pounds. It requires the ability to use standard office equipment including computers.
- Some travel by personal automobile for frequent off-site meetings in various settings may occur. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Standard working hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Performing work tasks outside of these hours, including weekends, may be required due to the community service nature of the Library and hours open to the public.
The intent of this description is to provide a representative summary of the essential duties and responsibilities of an individual working in this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.