|October 22, 2023
About the Digital Marketing Lead Position
Verndale is seeking a dynamic Digital Marketing Lead to join its growing practice. Reporting to the Senior Director, Digital Marketing, the Digital Marketing Lead is the trusted partner to our clients – providing strategic recommendations that unlock improved performance to help clients meet and exceed their business goals. Areas of expertise should include marketing automation, demand generation, paid and organic search, inbound marketing, experimentation, personalization, tag management, and data analytics. The right-fit candidate is a player-coach; able to both be the strategic lead, and the hands-on resource to get the job done. The Digital Marketing Lead exists in a matrix role - as both the Senior Digital Marketer within a practice group, and as part of the Digital Marketing Team within the Digital Experience Department.
- Serve as the ‘trusted advisor’ for our clients by guiding them through the marketing platform planning and execution processes
- Presenting and communicating directly with client teams, including stakeholders with varying levels of digital marketing knowledge
- Devise, execute, and track the success of digital marketing campaigns on behalf of clients.
- Provide on-going best practices advice and recommendations for the client
- Support account and client services team in ideating on new opportunities for clients
- Work cross-functionally to bring in specialists and support activities for SEO, analytics, testing, personalization, and more
- When required, serve as a specialist in a particular area for a client or project where a different DM Lead is the leader.
- Consult with Strategists, and DM director
- Provide Estimates for both pre-sale and ongoing work
- Sales support
- Pitch support, decks
- SOW/proposal reviews and contributions
- Responsible for documentation of how - tos and project best practices and decisions
- Responsible for contribution to deployment/launch plan, ensuring specialists will be available to validate after launch
- Get in the weeds, troubleshoot, and fix issues when necessary
- Support thought leadership in a larger capacity
- Attain and maintain relevant trainings/certifications
- 5+ years of experience in a client-facing digital marketing role (required)
- 3+ years in at least 1 area of DM expertise, such as SEO, analytics, performance marketing, testing, experimentation, marketing automation, content strategy, paid media
- Excellent written and verbal communication (required)
- Excellent English language skills (required)
- Strong technical acumen and excellent communication and presentation skills required(required)
- Experience in agency, marketing, or AdTech environments is a strong plus
- Familiarity with digital experience platforms such as Sitecore, Optimizely, AEP, etc.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, PPC, Content, Experimentation, Personalization and Roadmap creation
Ten Great Reasons to Work at Verndale
- We are a rapidly growing company that is just as scrappy and entrepreneurial today as when we were founded in 1998.
- We are relentlessly curious and enthusiastically solve our clients’ complex business problems through technology, data, and design.
- We foster a culture that enables every person in the organization to do the best work of their career.
- We offer regular training and professional development to move careers forward.
- Client and employee satisfaction are our two most important business metrics.
- We celebrate and champion diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- We offer generous paid company holidays, vacation, and paid sick time to every employee starting on day one.
- We provide top-of-the-line benefits including health, dental, vision, 401K, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, EAP, HRA and more. For our Quito Employees we offer top-of-the-line Health Insurance, plus monthly perks customized to meet individual employees’ needs.
- We support a healthy work/life balance.
- We are fully remote enabled and embrace the evolving definition of the workplace.
Verndale is a digital experience agency. purpose-built to help marketing and technology leaders connect the dots of the consumer journey. From our offices in Boston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, and Quito, we design and develop digital experiences and enable marketing technologies that bring brands and their customers together.
We know that in order to do great work, you have to make work great. Verndale is committed to always being a company that celebrates diversity, equality and inclusion. We strive to recruit and retain people who are committed to creating the climate of respect that is essential for individual and company success. Verndale's services are built around a core methodology that encompasses Growth Strategy, Experience Design, Technology Enablement, and Experience Optimization.
Learn more about Verndale at http://www.verndale.com
Compensation & Benefits
Verndale is proud of the fun, diverse, and respectful company environment we enjoy on a daily basis. Competitive compensation and comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) savings plan are offered to all full-time employees. Ample company paid holidays and personal time off make having a work-life balance possible. For some roles, remote work is a definite possibility; we believe in hiring the best and keeping our own happy and motivated.
Verndale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.