|February 8, 2024
Youll rock this role based at the GOAT Novotel Perth Murray Street in the heart of Perth CBD, but thats just the beginning – this gig will also have you working across multiple other lit hotels and restaurants in Hobart and Melbourne as part of our growing portfolio.
What are we all about?
The glory, and have you seen our hotels? But seriously, at Accor, we are all about our guests. We take pride every day in the feedback we receive on our beautiful hotels and our amazing people. Our Digital Marketing Executive is key to keeping the creativity fresh and performance exceeding expectations. Accor is on a mission to be the very best customer service company in Australia. Our people deliver the unforgettable, the amazing, and the exceptional on a human-to-human level. No fakes allowed. And we have so much fun doing it.
What are you all about?
We seek out people who go out of their way to be involved, to make things awesome, and to never accept average. Our people need to show that they support and encourage, take time to listen and act, make time for their people, and take time out to have a laugh as often as possible.
Wheres the whats-in-it-for-me?
We dont want to brag, but we get discounts at over 5,300 hotels worldwide, plus attractive rates with partners such as Europcar, private health insurance, and more. On top of that, we offer an attractive salary, a strong focus on development and training and an amazing, experienced, and supportive bunch of people to work with every day.
Enough with the fluff... whats the role?
Our guru of everything digital and pretty is responsible for taking something obvious and making it incredible in a way that drives business into the hotel in screaming droves. You’ll be working across three fantastic hotels including Novotel Perth Murray Street, Mövenpick Hotel Melbourne on Spencer, Mövenpick Hotel Hobart and their food and beverage outlets with exciting brands including Miss Mi and Tesoro. Think creating viral Tiktoks with a witty twists, using data-driven media to give people what they want before they know they want it, and maximizing digital tools to make our hotels and outlets top of mind like an earworm worthy of one-hit-wonders throwback tours lasting decades.
What are we looking for?
"Web is the new canvas," wrote someone super smart and we need someone who gets that and more. Creativity is critical to this role, as is the ability to build relationships and communicate across all mediums. This is an opportunity to be proactive, take ownership and put those creative initiatives youve been thinking about for years, or weeks or seconds into play. Add in, of course, the ability to keep multiple plates spinning above your head at once while communicating vision like Richard Branson.
Do you dream of creating a campaign so amazing you break the internet? If you thought of snapbot before the spectacle spectacular and already pitched a hidden video marketing campaign before people googled “Trevor Noah girlfriend,” then you are all about the stuff we need.
So lets get down to business…
Here’s the deets of some of what you will be up to on the daily:
- Reporting into the Director of Marketing you will assist with developing and implementing end-to-end marketing campaigns, working across multiple hotels and their restaurant outlets.
- Implement the hotel and restaurant’s online marketing strategy, working in collaboration with Accor’s digital agencies, including writing web optimised copy for multiple websites and creating EDMs.
- Managing hotel and restaurant social media channels, including content creation and reporting.
- Proactively identify new digital opportunities and trends.
- Assist with photo and video shoot management and coordination.
- Maintain promotional materials including basic graphic design work.
- Marketing admin – raising POs, reconciling invoices, and assisting with the marketing budget.
- Create briefs for creative teams & external agencies.
- Assisting with PR/media events, sponsorships and influencer collaborations.
And here’s what you need to do it:
- Previous experience in a busy, multi-faceted role of this scope. Strong organizational/time management skills and attention to detail is essential.
- Bachelors degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or a related field.
- An understanding of or previous experience in the hotel or restaurant industry is preferred, but not essential.
- Proficiency across the Adobe creative suite including Photoshop and InDesign.
- Experience in content creation including basic video editing, with an eye for capturing great photos and video for social media.
- Experience with Content Management Systems and analytics tools (e.g., Adobe Experience Manager/WordPress, Google Analytics).
- Excellent written and verbal communication, MS Office, copywriting, and proofreading skills.
- A firm grasp (keep it clean, people) on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing.
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze metrics and create reports.
Did you read this ad and think of a million ways to make it better? Then you could be just the person for this job! To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter, explaining why this role sounds perfect for you!