|Published||September 12, 2023|
Our client, a marketing agency with a niche in the home services industry, is looking to add a new member to its leadership team!
The Digital Marketing Director is a member of the Company’s Leadership Team; responsible for setting up, implementing and managing the overall companys digital marketing strategy. The director will lead and manage social media, email marketing, web development, PPC, SEO, dashboard, and other related technology services for the company. The Director is first and foremost a problem solver, reports directly to the president, and is a critical member of the leadership team responsible for representing the interests of the department.
The Director supports the companys growth strategy through a balance of internal staff and external vendors. Additionally, the Director provides resources, training, and professional development opportunities for staff. This position manages and approves social media, email marketing, website development, production and maintenance, PPC/SEO budgets and strategies, all reporting through the dashboard, and future technology and digital tools. The director develops and manages internal department budgets to ensure timely delivery of quality products and services to clients and vendors.
- Lead and manage digital marketing team of direct reports; providing work direction, feedback, quarterly check-ins, and annual reviews.
- Support companys growth strategy through identifying/engaging/managing a balance of internal staff and external vendor resources.
- Act as a subject matter expert across all digital technology platforms and identify technology gaps. Research competition, investigate benchmarks and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and oversee deliverables, including creating and managing timelines and budgets.
- Collaborate in a timely manner with the production director, traffic coordinator, account managers, clients, and the digital technology team members on client objectives, marketing strategies/solutions, process approvals, and deliverables.
- Ensure all clients brand standards are met across all mediums through regular work review and proofing of all the company’s social media accounts. Measure and manage all online content, e-commerce and websites. Troubleshoot and provide feedback to the digital marketing team.
- Responsible for departmental planning and implementation of processes, procedures, initiatives, including communicating milestones, risks, issues, and monitoring quality for all project development.
- Track SEO and Google Analytics data and make complex analysis.
- Be ready and willing to jump in to provide hands-on assistance/coverage for team members. If the type or scope of work falls outside of their personal expertise, must have external resources ready to assist. May at times have direct responsibility.
- Monitor expenses, labor efficiencies, and key performance indicators (KPIs) to meet cost standards.
- Support human resources regarding recruitment and hiring, train/onboard new staff on job processes and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A bachelors degree in Digital Marketing-related field.
- 8-10+ years experience, preferable in digital marketing dedicated position for an in-house team or an agency; management experience required.
- Experience managing a combination of internal and external resources.
- Proactive, resourceful, organized, creative, as well as process and timeline-driven.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with leadership, account managers, team members, clients, and business contacts.
- Proficient use of business software including Microsoft Office, Google, and project management platforms (e.g., Workzone).