|Published||July 11, 2023|
Dedicated to entertaining, inspiring, and transforming through innovative live experiences, The Second City is the premier brand in improv and sketch comedy. With sold-out shows playing on resident stages in Chicago, Toronto, and soon New York, Second City’s Touring Theatrical companies also entertain an additional one million theatergoers a year around the globe. The Second City Training Center is the largest school of improvisation-based arts on the planet, with brick-and-mortar locations in Chicago, Toronto, New York (opening Fall 2023) and a virtual division offering accessible classes online worldwide. Second City Works, the B2B side of Second City, has brought award-winning improvisation and audience-driven techniques to over 600 Fortune 1000 companies, challenging businesses seeking a more collaborative culture to innovate through development programs, original digital and video content, campaign consultation, private events, and more.
OurDigital Marketing Directoris responsible for increasing brand awareness and growing sales through the effective use of digital and social media outlets. Develops and implements digital advertising, e-commerce and social media marketing strategy, programs, and initiatives. Oversees Second City’s interactions with the public through implementing content strategies on digital and social media platforms. Duties include analyzing data, identifying trends, and planning digital campaigns to build community, drive sales and support e-commerce initiatives.
• Lead and manage people that execute digital and social campaigns and initiatives
• Collaborate with brand management teams to develop digital and social media strategies and initiatives based on business objectives
• Analyzes the company’s digital marketing plan and social media strategy to identify strategic weaknesses and make recommendations for improvements
• Unearths trends and insights to make sure The Second City is telling relevant stories and jump on an opportunity to engage consumers in our brand stories
• Research social media trends and informs management of changes that are relevant to the company’s marketing activities
• Set KPIs for social media campaigns, such as targets for a certain number of shares or likes and measuring a campaign’s performance
• Develop strategy and execute social media tactics for sponsorship programs and special events based on business objectives. Collaborates with PR and advertising team
• Work closely with customer e-commerce and social media teams
• Oversee social media management for all social platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
• Develop strategy and manage social customer care in coordination with Product Support
• Oversee management of direct-to-consumer e-commerce initiatives
• Manage reporting tools and capabilities for social listening, content performance and inbound traffic across channels to owned landing pages
Who You Are
• You are an empathetic and an influential leader. You are able to handle differences of opinion in a professional and respectful manner
• You must be able to think quickly and respond via social media during a crisis and should be able to pivot quickly with limited oversight
• You are a versatile manager who can provide leadership at the top as well as execute in the trenches
• You excel in people leadership. You are passionate about building a high performing team by developing team knowledge, skills, and career growth
• You are an exceptional presenter who inspires leadership and cross-functional teams to follow you to the top of the hill. You can take complex problems or concepts and lay out solutions that are simple and concise
• You are an entrepreneurial spirit who can move quickly to capitalize on market opportunities and thrives in a fast-paced environment
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field
• 7 + years of digital/social media experience (big brand experience preferred)
• 2 + years demonstrated capabilities working with e-commerce marketing
• Excellent writing skills
• Excellent digital media research and outreach skills
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
• Ability to interface and collaborate with marketing staff and senior management
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently
• Ability to recruit, hire, retain, and develop talent
The Second City is an open, inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity, and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.
All candidates for this role will be asked to authorize a background check and must be 21 and older.
*The Second City follows CDC guidelines and recommendations regarding safety measures to navigate the Covid-19 pandemic. To work at The Second City you must show proof of being fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2. Applicants with medical or religious exemptions will be considered.