Digital Marketing Director
|Published||March 14, 2023|
This is a Nashville-based position requiring 5 - 7 years of experience.
You have a deep understanding of all things digital communications—someone who can develop a highly effective digital and social strategy, implement it, and then track its progress with meaningful data insights. Is social media your sandbox? Copy, creative, growth, and calls to action? Are you highly fluent in emerging social trends and best practices? Do you have certifications and experience to back it up? Do you know how to come up with big ideas—from brief to breakthrough, and beyond?
If the answers to these questions are yes, then this position might be for you. You’ll be responsible for helping dream up creative digital strategies for a few of our clients.
The perfect candidate fights for great ideas to push the boundaries of what brands can do on digital outlets and is well versed in long and short-term social development, ideation, strategy, engagement, and metrics. You're organized, work amazingly in a team environment, are organized can multitask, never miss deadlines, and communicate effectively.
Grayscale Marketing, based in Nashville, has received numerous accolades for its fully integrated advertising, marketing, public relations, and strategy services. Since its inception in 2015, the agency has established a strong reputation in the industry and represented a diverse range of live event clients across all 50 states and 47 countries.
With a focus on generating impactful marketing solutions, Grayscale Marketing has worked with some of the biggest names in the industry. Collaborations have included artists such as One Direction, Kendrick Lamar, Jason Aldean, and Dua Lipa, events like Hangout Music Festival and Panorama NYC Music Festival, and brands like Virgin, Sony Music Nashville, Anheuser Busch, and Tito's Vodka. In total, the agency has sold over 1,620,000 live event tickets.
Grayscale Marketing has solidified its position as a trusted partner to its clients by utilizing a strategic and innovative approach to marketing. The firm's exceptional reputation in the industry is a testament to its unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional results and driving growth for its clients.
About the Position:
Simply put, you own our client's digital communication outright.
You are the go-to social media go-to in your friend and colleague group. When new platforms spring up you master them. You are a power TikTok user, and sincerely love it. You use Facebook, read Twitter, and get lost in Instagram reels. It's not a job, it's a passion. Tech, people, content, and copy. It's just your thing.
Knowing and teaching best practices and trends in social media marketing from on-boarding, goal setting, milestone and KPIs, objectives and initiatives, content and editorial calendars, prompt writing, monitoring, listening, ensuring brand consistency, engagement, customer service, growth, and reporting all organic activities across platforms.
You are the conductor, you build out the overall digital communications and social strategy alongside the project manager, write great copy, work with the creative teams to bring the vision to life, engage in relevant social discussion about the company, competitors, and/or industry, test and track what is working and adjust, and communicate your needs to the team to ensure flawless execution again and again.
You effortlessly take a client's goals and break them down into milestones, with actionable steps, measure against those, keep the train on the tracks, and bring it into the station on time.
You will need to be highly observant, execute quickly, manage time well, and have a passion for storytelling on every platform and digital outlet. This role is for creative writers, enthusiastic about customer service, that have a deep understanding of social media engagement and analytics, and who bring creative and practical strategies to the table.
With this position, you need to know our clients inside and out so that you can bring their brand to life with a voice, and help to guide the creative and marketing teams with strategy and real-time feedback.
What You’ll Do:
- Curate and write prompts driving the direction of the social accounts you oversee based on the brief, calendar, and KPIs we've uncovered
- Ability to find the story within the data. Not just the what, but the why.
- Monitor all daily posts for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, etc., while developing unique story angles and crafting a brilliant, engaging strategy that copywriters can harness to write amazing headlines and copy for your specific accounts and that drives the creative team to deliver top-notch designs.
- Oversee and engage with all social media customer service, messages, DMs, comments, questions, and shares, across multiple channels.
- Help define social strategy; plan, craft, publish, monitor, and report on posts across social channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, Linkedin, Clubhouse, and more.
- Maintain brand consistency across all points of distribution.
- Work directly with designers, copywriters, project managers, and account executives within a dynamic team structure within your client accounts.
- Consult regularly with the creative and copy teams to define (and redefine) social strategy in the rapidly shifting social space.
- Identify new trends and products in social media, and test and advocate for change as needed
- Communicate clearly weekly with the account executives and senior leadership to inform them of all pertinent details, status, metrics, percentage of goal completion, pivots in strategy, what is working and what is not, and what you plan is to problem solve and come up with effective solutions
- Research, identify, and engage with key influencers, bloggers, and content portals related to our key areas of focus
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence
- Lead the development of content and editorial calendars
- In collaboration with the creative and copywriting team, you develop a brand voice, response matrix, and engagement brand standards.
- Lead tagging, titling, and linking of all content
- Develop ongoing actionable reporting based on mutually agreed upon client KPIs
- Explore new ways to engage new and existing social networks to reach our prospects, fans, and customers
- Launch influencer seeding strategies to support new products, brand campaigns, and other social media drivers
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about our company, clients, competitors, and/or industry, whether that be with existing customers, prospects, industry experts, or brand-new audiences who don’t yet know us
- Remain up to date on branded content regulations and restrictions
- You'' showcase a mastery of industry best practices and the platforms we love, as well as be willing to learn and articulate the unique Grayscale point of view on each in client pitches.
- Understanding of testing principles and a disciplined approach to testing
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from the social network presence.
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- A Bachelor's degree or entrepreneurial street cred and at least 8 years of professional paid experience developing and managing digital communication.
- Advanced MS Office skills, especially Excel and Powerpoint
- Full understanding of social media algorithms and the limitations of each platform
- A passion for storytelling, a mastery of grammar and the English language, and the ability to tailor your prompt and calendar writing to tell that story on a variety of platforms
- A track record of driving brand awareness, audience growth, reach, and engagement using organic and paid social media
- Excellent attention to detail (have we mentioned this yet? )
- Fluency and a passionate obsession with social media programming, engagement, and analytics tools
- An aptitude for time management, organization, and communication
- Strong conceptual/brainstorming skills
- Strategic thinking skills and a passion for ideating strategically focused campaigns
- The ability to follow directions and take constructive criticism
- A goal-driven and data-informed work style, with strong analytical skills and the ability to translate insights into actions
- The ability to effectively collaborate with various teams, providing the most useful guidance in an enthusiastic and inspiring manner
- A sparkling personality that will mesh well with the existing Grayscale team and a smile on their face a majority of the time
- Experience managing channels within the music space (country music preferred, but not required)
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to own projects
- An inquisitive nature
- You should be excited to check the data on all accounts each day and curious to find out the causes and effects of any data anomalies you spot
- Nashville Agency Office - fast-paced, high volume of activity and a deadline-driven environment based around brands and entertainment!
Job Type: Full-time
- Nashville, TN
- Bachelor's Degree