|Date Posted||March 2, 2021|
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, we continue to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity. We are one of the ten largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with over $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 26 states. Irby has experienced incredible growth over the past 5 years. As part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, we unite with a group of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
Irby provides products used in all industrial, oil and gas, and commercial & residential contractor applications, including wire and cable, lighting, retrofits for energy savings, and all rough-in materials and devices. We also offer a complete line of value-added services including logistics management, energy audits, job trailers and automation support, customized e-commerce portals, and complete integrated supply capabilities.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for all aspects of B2B Marketing and will lead an existing teams of marketing, eCommerce, and digital solution specialists. They leverage the Sonepar marketing team as needed to create and execute innovative marketing strategies to profitably increase revenue, grow market share and enhance the brand. The Director possess refined communication and leadership skills, with proven success in omnichannel marketing campaigns across the spectrum of both traditional and digital channels. This is a great opportunity to manage change and digitize the organization!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Craft messaging and positioning in the market; conduct competitive and market analysis to determine and highlight the companies key differentiators.
- Utilize digital analytics to understand customer behaviors, identify business opportunities, and increase outreach.
- Develop channel, segment, and market strategies to enable targeted marketing, increase revenue and grow the company brand.
- Work alongside key manufacturers to develop and execute joint marketing plans that are equitable to both the company and its vendor partners.
- Develop KPIs and reporting structure to measure and track campaign results, while looking for areas of improvement through in-depth analysis.
- Establish the annual marketing budget, including, but not limited to, associates, major events, promotions, materials, co-op funds, and market development funds. Coordinate and administer all marketing funds and expenses at both a corporate and a local level.
- Maximize the company's social, digital and web presence across platforms to drive customer awareness, engagement, affinity, and purchase.
- Work cross-functionally with Purchasing, Pricing, Sales and Operations to make sure all marketing promotions can be and are delivered with a high level of quality exceeding customer expectations.
- Direct and manage key events, programs and promotions leveraging all marketing disciplines that maximize market awareness and generate business opportunities.
- Continue to strengthen the company’s unique and compelling image, culture, and voice to build relevance and retention among targeted B2B audiences.
- Empower and motivate marketing associates to grow the brand and achieve short and long-term marketing goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales or business related field.
- 5+ years related experience with an emphasis in strategic planning, market analysis, brand management, and budgeting.
- Experience in B2B Marketing; marketing automation, sales enablement, CRM systems and Google Analytics.
- Experience with top-tier marketing platforms e.g. Marketo, Pardot, HubSpot, etc.
- A good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and CMS systems.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams at local and national level.