|Published||August 1, 2023|
Applications will be accepted until midnight (Eastern Time Zone) on the 'Posting End Date' shown below.
Digital Marketing Designer
Applications Accepted From
Public: Open to the public
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please complete the online application and attach a detailed cover letter, a current resume/CV, and a list of at least three (3) professional references, including email addresses. Candidates should also include a link to their online portfolio, uploaded as one "other" document.
This position is eligible for the following benefits:
medical, vision, dental, basic and supplemental life, winter break closure, paid holidays, educational benefits for you and eligible dependents, sick leave, vacation, and retirement.
Ohio University Marketing and Communication is searching for a talented Digital Marketing Designer to create engaging interactive online content. You'll be responsible for producing content that supports the University's brand and marketing strategies, including digital advertising, email templates, social media graphics, paid marketing campaign web pages, organic web pages, and web elements.
The ideal candidate should be able to efficiently combine creativity, functionality, and technology to produce eye-catching and informative solutions. In this role, organizational and technical skills are key, and all candidates must possess in-depth knowledge of design software programs as well as digital content design/delivery platforms and best practices.
The Digital Marketing Designer reports to the Director of Creative and Brand with a dotted line to the Associate Director of Web Content and Strategy.
Digital Marketing Designer Responsibilities:
- Designing and developing digital content for paid advertising, email, social media, website and other digital platforms.
- Take ideas from concept to execution, working with project managers, creatives, media planning, and content experts to deliver effective digital solutions.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver designs that are creative, useful, and align with technical, usability and brand standards.
- Ensuring consistency in designs and content across digital platforms.
- Reviewing online marketing content to identify room for improvement.
- Providing advice and guidance on the aesthetic for campaigns, projects, and events.
- Bachelor's degree in digital design, graphic design, or a related field.
- At least three (3) years of related experience.
- Proven experience in a professional digital design role.
- A portfolio of previous digital design work to showcase experience and creativity.
- Solid knowledge of design software programs including Adobe Creative Suite.
- Solid knowledge of digital advertising best practices and web usability standards.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS .
- Proven experience designing and developing for the Google ad network, various social media advertising networks, email marketing systems, and website content management systems.
- Proven experience creating new and updating existing website content within a content management system - using contemporary web design best practices optimized for accessibility, user experience, and search engine optimization.
- Ability to clearly present design ideas and concepts for campaigns and projects.
- Ability to create designs that closely adhere to style systems for varying sub-brands and consistently match brand standards and styles.
- A team player with exceptional organizational and technical skills.
- Degree in graphic design or related field
- 5 years experience in digital marketing or related field
University Communications and Marketing
Target hiring range for this role is $51,281-$59,614 and the final offer will be commensurate with the candidate's education and experience in relation to the minimum qualifications for the position.
Job Open Date
Posting Close Date
The position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please apply by July 30, 2023.
Administrative at-will appointment
Office of the President
Expected hours worked per week
40+ hours per week
Expected duration of assignment
Applicants may contact this person if they have questions about this position.
Aaron Harden, [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Ohio University is proud of its rich history, diverse campuses, international communities, and beautiful Appalachian settings. As part of our ongoing efforts to provide and support a transformative learning experience, we affirm our commitment to fostering a welcoming, respectful, diverse, and inclusive workforce and community. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, ethnicity, national origin, national ancestry, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military service or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or genetic information. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Communications & Marketing-Multi-Media Communications
Career Track & Level
Clery Act Crime Statistics
Clery Act Crime Statistics
To view the Clery Act Compliance Report Click here
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Ohio University employee
- OHIO Jobs Line (phone)
- Search Firm
- Professional association
- OTHER, please indicate: